logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sojorner  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2022 1:56:38 AM(UTC)
sojorner

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello,
I have a PowerPoint problem that occurs randomly.
I'm running vMix 25..29 on a windows 10 desktop i7 11 gen., 16gb Ram, 1660 Nvidia card
Each week we create a variety of inputs for Sunday Service. These vary from images, videos, PowerPoint slides, virtual camera inputs, etc.
These are all manually loaded onto the same computer as vMix, and in their own directory (not individual directories, but as a group (e.g mm-dd-yyyy)). we will generally have 35- 38 inputs, and average around 8 PPT files

These are then brought into vMix and setup in the order needed for the service. At this point all is good. Everything runs as expected.
I then save this as a preset (I've tried both the regular save and the save as a bundle).
I then power down and then power back up. When I bring in the preset files, I randomly have a PPT file load as Offline. It's not always the same file when it occurs.
Using the regular save, I'll experience this approx. 6 out 10 tests - shut down vMix, restart, and then load the preset. If I redo the entire process only saving as a Bundle instead, I experience a failure of 2 out 10, which is interesting.

In any case, this is problematic in that I have general users who know how to start up, load and run the "Service production', but do not know how to create the associated triggers or scripts used with that file, especially when one has to reload a specific PPT file just before service starts because it loaded Offline. I've had to re-think and re-structure a lot of my triggers and scripts each week so as not to be affected if a PowerPoint loads Offline and is reloaded without any triggers or scripts (pain in the back)

I used to bring in all the files as a group(Select all, then using mouse, grab and move them to vMix input window), rather than doing them individually. I then changed to doing them individually, but doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any thoughts as to what might be causing this? Anything I should check into?

Thanks
Doug H