logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dachaz21  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2022 11:43:12 AM(UTC)
Dachaz21

Groups: Registered
United States

vMix liveLAN should have the ability to embedded into your web page so when you stream events like wedding and church events for people that are singing you don't have to worry about being muted. It's only for the event that's taking place at the time.
melody  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2022 7:49:12 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

that is possible to be done:

1. open the port 8088;
2. go Settings -> Web Controller, pick "LiveLan" and unpick the two options below "Restrict access to LAN only";
3. for security reasons, make sure you set a username and password and unpick all the settings like "Controller", "Shortcuts", etc... (keep LiveLan picked);
4. take a look on your ip address, so the external address will look like this:
http://YOUR_IP_ADDRESS:8088/livelan/stream.m3u8

this link above you can embed on your html player, so it can be played on your web site
Dachaz21  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2022 2:35:19 AM(UTC)
Dachaz21

United States

I was thinking you should be able to do what you just said... I got an email from vMix saying that I could not embed the link... Thanks for the infro... I am going to go do a test right now
melody  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2022 2:53:25 AM(UTC)

im running a 24/7 webtv using livelan feature, you can access on the link below

http://iescc.ddns.net:8088/livelan
Dachaz21  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2022 7:33:18 AM(UTC)
Dachaz21

United States

thanks ..I did try streaming on my page and it worked...My next question is this. If my page is the only page that I have the link on and 2000 people are watching at the same time. How does it affect the stream....
melody  
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2022 10:20:18 AM(UTC)

first of all, i'm not a vmix team member, im just sharing my recomendations once i get them work for my own job... i am not responsible for damages or issues coming from this procedures below and vmix team also, they doesn't have official support for livelan feature to be accessed outside of local network, do it on your own risc.

3. things you need to care...

1. your internet speed;
2. your hardware capability;
3. your stream bitrate;

recomendations:

*obviously, 2000 connetions needs a very high end machine and a very large internet bandwidth... try to stream for social networks which is easier to share and to stream or rent some dedicated windows server for that;
*for your computer, do a speedtest.net so you can determine the maximum bandwidth you have available on your connection;
*remember to allways use ethernet connection for a more stable stream;
*now as an example, if you want to stream at bitrate 3Mbits/s and your internet bandwidth is something like 500Mbits... 500/3=166... let's take 160... this is the number of stable connections (viewers) that your internet connection is capable;
*the more you increase your bitrate, the less people your internet connection is capable to connect;

cheers,

melody
ggudnason  
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2022 2:42:38 PM(UTC)
ggudnason

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dachaz21 Go to Quoted Post
vMix liveLAN should have the ability to embedded into your web page so when you stream events like wedding and church events for people that are singing you don't have to worry about being muted. It's only for the event that's taking place at the time.

Why would you ever want to risk that. Look into setting up your own streaming platform in the cloud.