logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Korne_B  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2022 10:16:40 PM(UTC)
Korne_B

Groups: Registered
Netherlands

On youtube there are a few video's on creating xaml titles, but they are all based on Xpression Blend 4. What I understand is that that piece of software is discontinued and now part of Visual Studio.
I am a designer and not a programmer so i'd like to know the first steps to do to get a blank canvas with timeline so i can start drag&drop or import assets and create a title-animation/lower-third.

Or maybe there are other/easier ways to create those animated titles that are a little more advanced than GT designer titles

Thanks so much.
Joeboe  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2022 11:04:10 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Use GT titler already part of of vMix....it may be basic, but when you understand it, you can create great looking titles, or just modify the already installed tites.
Korne_B  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2022 11:06:34 PM(UTC)
Korne_B

Netherlands

As I already mentioned, GT Designer is not capable of the things I want to do.
So I'd like to learn the first steps getting into creating XAML titles.
Joeboe  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2022 11:29:41 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Then download NewBlue titler and use it.......but I just don't know what you really want to do....I find I can do great animation in GT titler...a bit tricky, but once done, looks great....
paco3346  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2022 12:12:08 AM(UTC)
paco3346

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 31 post(s)
To use blend in 2022 you need to install the Blend for Visual Studio add-on available in the Visual Studio Installer. This installs a standalone app called "Blend for Visual Studio".

https://docs.microsoft.c...sual-studio?view=vs-2022

Start with this and come back with any questions you have. I've done quite a bit of custom titles (including WPF .dlls) so I'll be happy to help guide you.
thanks 1 user thanked paco3346 for this useful post.
Korne_B on 4/29/2022(UTC)
doggy  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2022 2:37:17 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Korne_B Go to Quoted Post
On youtube there are a few video's on creating xaml titles, but they are all based on Xpression Blend 4. What I understand is that that piece of software is discontinued and now part of Visual Studio.
I am a designer and not a programmer so i'd like to know the first steps to do to get a blank canvas with timeline so i can start drag&drop or import assets and create a title-animation/lower-third.

Or maybe there are other/easier ways to create those animated titles that are a little more advanced than GT designer titles

Thanks so much.

the videos are also helpfull when using Blend for visual studio
Baisc xaml designs can just be used as is (XAML file,usercontrol) . you can first test the graphics and animation within a form if you wish (see vMix titles as examples as usercontrol)
Manual editing (notepad) is also an option for basic graphics and animations
When you start incorporating bindings and codebehind c# or vb.net they will need ot be compiled as a .dll instead of .exe like paco3346 mentioned.
Powerfull (automated) things can be done this way with your titles .
Start with simple desings animations etc to get a understanding for it (google XAMl and also WPF)

Personally if stil prefer them rather than GT titles combined with scripting for some situations, for one not limited in use to the vMix lisence (GT animations) type and can be an all in one.

Combined with the NDI SDK you can turn them into a NDI feed from within a form with lots of controls if needed

In the end having both (XAML and GT ) gives you many options depending on the needs

Example: left is the user form with control buttons (build in rules verification and allowed options at any stage for the scoring, writing to file etc) , right is the NDI feed of the graphics seen smal @ left within vMix

thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
Korne_B on 4/29/2022(UTC)
Papo  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 3, 2022 7:37:40 AM(UTC)
Papo

Peru

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
hello paco, a query how would you make a simple textblock that changes color when the word "live" is present, or disappears when it says "exit", all this within xaml and not through code,
I will be grateful to you.
Translation from Spanish to English by Google