logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mission_Of_Maitreya@maitreya.org  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2022 9:16:33 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

I am not sure if anyone else has requested this feature before. If someone has, I could not find it in the forum. Here is the feature I like to request:

When using vMix to navigate the Internet with a browser, I like to see vMix can fully use all functions of a browser (to navigate the Internet with abilities such as scrolling the page, going back and forth in pages, clicking the links, etc.). It seems most people are having a hard time doing this smoothly. This feature (fully functional browser in vNix) is vital to some.

If you agree with this, support this post to let the vMix team realize that many want this feature.

Thanks.

Mission Of Maitreya (MOM)
TobinT  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2022 9:31:53 PM(UTC)
TobinT

Belgium

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hi,

Have you tight clicked on the browser input and enabled the mouse? You can then click and scroll within the browser page.
Equally when right clicking on the source you have go forward and go back functionality.

What functionality is missing from the browser currently?
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2022 10:08:51 PM(UTC)

United States

Hi Tobin T,

The mouse is enabled by default. When I launch the webpage, sometimes the scroll bar appears and then disappears; other times, no scroll bar appears. There are no scrolling capabilities, no ability to click the links, etc. Even when I enable the keyboard, nothing happens. Internet browsing is useless in my vMix!

I contacted the support team, and they recommended posting this request here. The support team told me that browsing a web page in vMix is not perfect, and posts like this might push the team to work on it!

doggy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2022 10:23:30 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Just wondering if one wants all the bells and wistles of ones favorite browser use it not be more practical to use a NDI (screen) capture of the browser on a fullscreen monitor ?
#5 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2022 8:39:22 AM(UTC)

United States

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Just wondering if one wants all the bells and wistles of ones favorite browser use it not be more practical to use a NDI (screen) capture of the browser on a fullscreen monitor ?

I do not know how to use NDI. Is it easy to use, or is it for advanced (tech-savvy) users? If it is for tech-savvy, this leaves many others out. If we make browsing in vMix easier (more perfect), more people can use vMix, which is best for everyone (maybe even sell more vMix software)!
doggy  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2022 11:06:58 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mission_Of_Maitreya@maitreya.org Go to Quoted Post

I do not know how to use NDI. Is it easy to use, or is it for advanced (tech-savvy) users? If it is for tech-savvy, this leaves many others out. If we make browsing in vMix easier (more perfect), more people can use vMix, which is best for everyone (maybe even sell more vMix software)!

https://www.vmix.com/help24/index.htm?NDIDesktopCapture.html
#7 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2022 3:13:28 PM(UTC)

United States

https://www.vmix.com/help24/index.htm?NDIDesktopCapture.html

I downloaded the program and installed it. Watched videos (one by Tim) and tried to use NDI. Too complicated. I need something simple to use, such as using the browser in vMix. we need this feature (Internet browsing) to be implemented in vMix.
Bonbondotkom  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2023 7:07:50 PM(UTC)
Bonbondotkom

Philippines

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am not sure if anyone else has requested this feature before. If someone has, I could not find it in the forum. Here is the feature I like to request:

When using vMix to navigate the Internet with a browser, I like to see vMix can fully use all functions of a browser (to navigate the Internet with abilities such as scrolling the page, going back and forth in pages, clicking the links, etc.). It seems most people are having a hard time doing this smoothly. This feature (fully functional browser in vNix) is vital to some.

If you agree with this, support this post to let the vMix team realize that many want this feature.

Thanks.

Mission Of Maitreya (MOM)

+1