logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Trevik  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2022 3:56:27 PM(UTC)
Trevik

Groups: Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Since upgrading to vMix 25 I've been finding that on most occasions, when I quit vMix, the application become unresponsive and I have to use the Task Manager to kill it.

If I've changed anything I get prompted to save my preset (and if I do so, the save works), but then the window just remains there until killed with Task Manager.

Windows 10, using NDI for both inputs and output, other than that everything is pretty vanilla.

Any ideas?
thanks 1 user thanked Trevik for this useful post.
GracewestAV on 4/29/2022(UTC)
GracewestAV  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2022 7:05:42 AM(UTC)
GracewestAV

Canada

+1 on this. My issue seems to be if I have my midi controller connected, it crashes vmix 25 on exit.
akrumel  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2022 10:31:52 AM(UTC)
akrumel

United States

By crash, do you mean the application hangs up and you have to kill it in task manager or does it cause a BSOD? Our computer goes to BSOD upon closing Vmix about 50% of the time. I'm not sure if it's a hardware issue or related recently updating to version 25 since we recently upgraded our capture card.
Trevik  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2022 10:37:24 AM(UTC)
Trevik

Australia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: akrumel Go to Quoted Post
By crash, do you mean the application hangs up and you have to kill it in task manager or does it cause a BSOD? Our computer goes to BSOD upon closing Vmix about 50% of the time. I'm not sure if it's a hardware issue or related recently updating to version 25 since we recently upgraded our capture card.

Hangs and I have to kill it with task manager. Never had BSOD. But does only happen since upgrading to 25.

Seems to get most of the way to closing (if you select "save changes and close" from the prompt, the changes do get saved).

Doesn't seem consistent when it happens (although perhaps more common when vMix has been running for longer, and possibly when there is a video playback input active at time of closing)
GracewestAV  
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2022 7:42:09 AM(UTC)
GracewestAV

Canada

This is happening for us as well. Anytime a midi controller is connected, vmix 25 becomes unresponsive when closing and needs to be shut down with the task manager. If the midi controller is disconnected prior to closing, vmix 25 closes properly. A fix would really be appreciated as we don't always remember to disconnect the midi controller!
kolorasta  
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2022 10:02:06 AM(UTC)
kolorasta

Argentina

it happens to me too. I have ndi, video-lists, images and vlc inputs...
now always, but it happens sometimes... not before upgrading to v25
northwood  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 29, 2023 7:25:02 PM(UTC)
northwood

Norway

Any solution to the problem? I have the same issue. Started when we upgraded to version 25, and don’t have a license to upgrade to 26…
Roy Sinclair  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2023 8:40:13 AM(UTC)
Roy Sinclair

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I found this to be caused by having an SRT input.

It was also not specific to version 25 as it happens on version 26 too.
melody  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2023 4:34:47 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Yes, that happened to me before, and if you try to kill vmix on task manager it shows an error message related to an unknown object and closes quickly, can't send the error report. that was the reason that i needed to leave srt behind
RichDanby  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2023 9:15:17 PM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Just to add I've seen the same and, for me, it definitely feels like it is linked to SRT inputs.

If I close the SRT inputs first then the shutdown happens fine - but you need to remember not to save the preset!
Blakesheaven  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2023 6:27:00 AM(UTC)
Blakesheaven

Man
United Kingdom

Yep, saw this on v25, but not that often; now after upgrading to v26 we saw it a lot more - nearly every time!

We use NDI for 2 PTZ cameras and sometimes a remote laptop screen capture.
We have 2 export channels turned on for NDI
We don't use SRT inputs or exports (correct me if NDI is SRT)

After upgrading to the very latest v26.0.0.45 on 31/07/2023 and after starting and stopping a vMix preset numerous times, it closed cleanly every time.

I live in hope, but would be interested if anyone has updated their version to v26.0.0.45 and still gets the issue.
Roy Sinclair  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2023 8:16:38 AM(UTC)
Roy Sinclair

United States

Originally Posted by: Blakesheaven Go to Quoted Post
Yep, saw this on v25, but not that often; now after upgrading to v26 we saw it a lot more - nearly every time!

We use NDI for 2 PTZ cameras and sometimes a remote laptop screen capture.
We have 2 export channels turned on for NDI
We don't use SRT inputs or exports (correct me if NDI is SRT)

After upgrading to the very latest v26.0.0.45 on 31/07/2023 and after starting and stopping a vMix preset numerous times, it closed cleanly every time.

I live in hope, but would be interested if anyone has updated their version to v26.0.0.45 and still gets the issue.

Running 200.0.45 so I opened an SRT camera input and close vMix and it closed cleanly. Ran vMix again with the SRT input still added and it came up as expected but failed to close cleanly.

Ran vMix again with SRT input configured and tried to close it again. Still hangs up.

Verdict: Not fixed yet.

Hypohamish  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2023 6:50:47 PM(UTC)
Hypohamish

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
+1'ing this to say it can happen in vMix 26 too.

A clients PC of mine which is running vMix will HANG/CRASH on exit if there is a 'Stream > VLC' input added (which I'm using to pull SRT's from a Zixi Broadcaster, due to the OTHER issue of vMix not liking SRT's generated by Zixi Broadcaster).

And when I say hang/crash, I mean it will literally just freeze there. I get absolutely no error message, the Windows event viewer/application logs say absolutely nothing about a crash or provide any useful information.
The only way to get the application to close is literally force killing the process in Task Manager.

I will concede this is on 26.0.0.44 - I'll have to try updating to .45 and see if that resolves it.
However, the .45 notes don't mention fixing a bug like this.
ASLIVE MEDIA  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2023 5:13:01 PM(UTC)
ASLIVE MEDIA

Poland

Same problem in the latest version. When shutting down, restarting the program freezes. It can only be closed by CTRL+ALT+DEL
Roy Sinclair  
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2023 5:26:39 AM(UTC)
Roy Sinclair

United States

Originally Posted by: ASLIVE MEDIA Go to Quoted Post
Same problem in the latest version. When shutting down, restarting the program freezes. It can only be closed by CTRL+ALT+DEL

Did you check and make sure you don't have any of the issues identified above?

If you DO have one of those issues then you should identify that you have that particular issue. In my case it was an SRT input, since the sending device had other output options I just switched to one of those in place of the SRT option.

Once they fix the issue I would like to go to SRT but by then I may be replacing the cameras and will go for NDI whenever possible.