logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
streamteamLF  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2022 7:38:02 PM(UTC)
streamteamLF

Groups: Registered
Germany

Hi Streamers.

We've seen on Streaming Alchemy's video (~5:00 Min.) that it is possible to write all social input to an XML file.

Looks as if they are using a "DataTitle.gtzip" (packed XAML) instead of using a lower third made with GT Designer Advanced(?), this seems to create a XML file named "SA-ViewerData.xml".

Anyone knows more details about that?

When doing so, will we loose the main functionality of vMix social? Can we still see incoming socials using the web frontend and send that to the live stream or do we have to do this another way, because vMix social only dumps all incoming socials into that XML file?

Is it possible to start two instances of vMix social and use one instance the normal way and the second one to dump the XML file?

Do we have another possibility to do that?

What we intend to do is to have incoming socials AND the automated possibility to build a word cloud using vMix social. We well know that there are word cloud generators which generate links or allow SMS to do so, but we do not want to loose audience by "sending them away". We are currently using Facebook, Youtube and IRC (with a Gateway that allowes us to catch WhatsApp, Signal, SMS), so we think we should continue to use these channels, instead of opening new ones.

We intend so automate this process to a degree where we still can intervene and decide not to let words pass into the word cloud, so a second instance of vMix social would be ideal for us.

Can anyone point towards the right direction?

Thanks!

Michael
doggy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2022 12:07:12 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: streamteamLF Go to Quoted Post

Looks as if they are using a "DataTitle.gtzip" (packed XAML) instead of using a lower third made with GT Designer Advanced(?), this seems to create a XML file named "SA-ViewerData.xml".

Anyone knows more details about that?

not an XAML title but a GTTitle as John mentions

info within the title is pulled from the API XML
streamteamLF  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2022 1:43:56 AM(UTC)
streamteamLF

Germany

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

not an XAML title but a GTTitle as John mentions

info within the title is pulled from the API XML

Hi doggy.

Thank you for this information!

Where can we find that GTTitle? Is there an explanation somewhere?

Will it re-route all social postings or can we still use the vMix social web frontend to push it into lower third?

Regards

Michael
doggy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2022 3:25:23 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: streamteamLF Go to Quoted Post

Where can we find that GTTitle? Is there an explanation somewhere?
Will it re-route all social postings or can we still use the vMix social web frontend to push it into lower third?

ok, just glanced over the vid and the code so don't **** me.
the GTtitles (yes 2 , a "normal" social title and the list title are not available so DIY, code is here

general scripting concept: pull info in post from the regular social title or API XML , puts it in an XML list , XML list is used to display the list title

it actually uses the vMix social frontend to push to the social title
streamteamLF  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2022 2:16:51 AM(UTC)
streamteamLF

Germany

Ok, fine I am a little closer to what I want. Thank you for your help!

I've taken the code from Streaming Alcemy and made a few changes to get it running.

I still am missing the concept to get it running under vMix Social. Paul inserted the "DataTitle" in vMix Social "Title" field. I have no idea how he did that. I've setup the VB script, but won't find it in vMix Social. I guess he created something with that name in the GT Title Designer and overtook the name in his script.

When I insert that Script unter vMix scripting it is running/looping, but exports the last posting shown in the selected lower third only.

I indeed need to select the postings which are not inserted into the stream! When we collect words for a word cloud, we will show other postings in the stream but we will not show words for the word cloud in the stream. My idea is to fish out these words by script.

I think it is the easiest way to get a VB script running using vMix scripting, not to interfere with the way vMix Social works. But how can I read vMix Social posts that do NOT go into the lower third? Is there a way to see all the incoming posts in vMix Social and find out which are already displayed in the stream and which not? Can I even see which posts are queued?
streamteamLF  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2022 6:23:03 PM(UTC)
streamteamLF

Germany

Hi Streamer.

Found out during testing, that vMix Social writes it's own log, which contains most of the information I require. Anything documented about that?

I see lines in it like this:

07.05.2022 17:54:51,Info,IRC,Sent: text...
07.05.2022 17:55:47,Info,YouTubeLiveChat,Sent: text...

What I do not see is Facebook?!

I found

07.05.2022 18:23:58,Info,Facebook,Update: 0 new entries, 0 total
07.05.2022 18:24:18,Info,Facebook,Update: 1 new entries, 1 total

and have seen a Message from Facebook in vMix Social's web frontend. Why can't I find that in the log?

Wonderful digital world ;-)