logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kpholley  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 2:04:35 PM(UTC)
kpholley

Groups: Registered
United States

Using vMix Pro 23.0.0.58
Birddog NDI 4_V_3.4
Pro Presenter 7

My slides in Pro Presenter have a transparent background. All PP slide setup has background turned off and my output has Alpha Channel selected. When the slide appears in vMix the transparent portion is black. Due to dropshadow, opacity, etc with the slides the Colour/Chroma does not work effectively.

Wanting to use PP because we have 100+ graphics for a sports broadcast and want to use a dedicated person to select and edit throughout the show. Too much for the director to handle.

Thanks

Kevin
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 6:04:38 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
What happens when you overlay this NDI feed with titles over your video ? Is there still a black background?

Why did you mention the Bird-Dog unit ? Is it part of the workflow ? PPro can output NDI directly AFAIK
vandenkd  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2022 4:01:48 AM(UTC)
vandenkd

United States

I have this working by sending a green background with Pro Presenter (transparent background does in fact come in black rather than transparent) and then use chroma key to remove the green. However, sometimes I get a blink of full black (one frame?) when the words change. Not every change, but it is becoming more frequent. It looks like OBS has a setting to accept the transparent background (learned from my searching - I don't know OBS). Is there such a setting in vMix? Could there be?