logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bubu2110  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2022 10:18:58 PM(UTC)
bubu2110

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey guys,

I guess it´s a underrated problem, but I´m sitting at a regular meeting with a projector with Powerpoint on it, and one camera at the presenting guy.

Everybody here uses the Laser-Pointer to highlight something at the projectors image. As you can image - I don´t get it in my vmix because I built a PIP with PPT via SDI and camera-video.

I had the idea to develop a peace of software where you align a camera to the projector - put this SDI to one of you inputs. And my tool will process the video and will send you just the laser (or replaced with an png) via a browser or virtual camera ndi that you can use it as an overlay above the ppt.

With this post I just want to check if there is a generall requirement for a tool like this.

Have a good time

Mats
thanks 1 user thanked bubu2110 for this useful post.
doa on 4/4/2022(UTC)
knob2001  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2022 3:52:00 AM(UTC)
knob2001

Hi!

Came to the forum looking for something related: as we sometimes use vmix for a streaming classroom, it could be great to have a "transparent" overlay with just the mouse pointer (or whatever) on top of the videos/images or whatever input you would like to show. Are you talking about the same (more or less)?

Thanks!
Roy Sinclair  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2022 1:55:21 AM(UTC)
Roy Sinclair

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bubu2110 Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys,

I guess it´s a underrated problem, but I´m sitting at a regular meeting with a projector with Powerpoint on it, and one camera at the presenting guy.

Everybody here uses the Laser-Pointer to highlight something at the projectors image. As you can image - I don´t get it in my vmix because I built a PIP with PPT via SDI and camera-video.

I had the idea to develop a peace of software where you align a camera to the projector - put this SDI to one of you inputs. And my tool will process the video and will send you just the laser (or replaced with an png) via a browser or virtual camera ndi that you can use it as an overlay above the ppt.

With this post I just want to check if there is a generall requirement for a tool like this.

Have a good time

Mats

The best I can think of would be to have someone build a reverse "green screen" that's set to pick up only the color of the laser and would need to be able to adjust it if laser pointer is a different color. It shouldn't hurt having image colors the same as the laser pointer as long as they exactly overlay the original image which is a situation you'd normally want anyway.

richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2022 3:07:27 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bubu2110 Go to Quoted Post
With this post I just want to check if there is a generall requirement for a tool like this?
Mats

Sorry Mats, not for me. Better is https://www.logitech.com...n-remote.910-004862.html