logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
McMorrow  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2022 11:49:42 PM(UTC)
McMorrow

Groups: Registered
United States

Anyone having issues with vMixCall video freezing, audio fine, in vMix 25? This is a new issue since upgrading. The video will freeze then fast forward to catch up. audio is consistent. never had an issue like this with previous versions of vMix with vMix call. it's got me thinking of moving back to 24. I also have the clock as an input and it will freeze then catchup. I have 12 differnt weekly sessions. Its happened on 2 of 3 since I upgraded one of our AWS vMix systems to 25.
Amoviereference  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2022 2:53:42 AM(UTC)
Amoviereference

United States

I am curious, are you only seeing this issue on advanced call links, or any type of vmix call? I've also been seeing this issue across multiple machines in the cloud as well, and was trying to figure out what the cause was before trying roll back to 24. I am wondering if a Vmix to vmix call would see the same issues.
QuadBenjamin  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2022 1:30:20 AM(UTC)
QuadBenjamin

United States

Originally Posted by: McMorrow Go to Quoted Post
The video will freeze then fast forward to catch up. audio is consistent.

I'm seeing this but only with specific devices (iPads). I posted about it here: https://forums.vmix.com/posts/t28861-iPad-compatibility---5th-gen
I'm also on vMix 25 and hadn't considered that the vMix version might be the issue; maybe I should roll back too.
Amoviereference  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2022 2:57:58 AM(UTC)
Amoviereference

United States

So we recently rolled back to Vmix 24, and I saw the same issue this morning, and we had a few SRTs running that I disabled and it resolved the issue. We are using AWS cloud instances, which I'm wondering if something is happening in AWS causing SRTs and Web RTC to have issues. I've heard that the GPUs the way AWS virtualizes GPUs can affect programs like Gnuralnet's LiveToAir software, which also uses Web RTC. I'd like to hear the Vmix Team chime in on this.
admin  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2022 12:47:41 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
24 and 25 are identical in regards to vMix Call.
For any issues, please follow the steps below and submit a diagnostic report to us via support.
https://www.vmix.com/kno...on-issues-with-vmix-call
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
eduardocfs on 4/24/2022(UTC)
bryanbaker_  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2022 7:47:32 AM(UTC)
bryanbaker_

I do a show that is 1080p30, but have at least one caller that sends a 1080p60 camera signal. Looking into the Renderer Dropped statistics, his call dropped over 160,000 in about 90 minutes while everyone sending 1080p30 or lower didn't go over 600. Anyone know why that might be happening?