logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
smccoole  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2022 3:43:40 AM(UTC)
smccoole

Groups: Registered
United States

Currently we are setting up a system for our church with a single PTZ Optics NDI 30HX camera and a secondary NDI feed from desktop capture on our EasyWorship PC. I'm wondering if there is a way that we can cover larger camera movements in this setup? The most obvious thing is to bring the NDI feed from the EasyWorship PC full screen, but I'm wondering if there is another way that might be less obtrusive? I watched the tutorial from PTZOptics here about covering camera movements with stinger transitions but they were using a multi camera setup. Of course having a second camera would be ideal but we're starting out small due to budget constraints and need to get our stream going before we think about expanding our setup. Any advice or pointers to tutorials and information would also be appreciated. Thanks!
mikesg  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2022 2:21:44 AM(UTC)
mikesg

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
With only a single cam, you're simply limited in what you can do. We have added EasyWorship into VMix on multiple inputs. The different inputs all have different settings applied to each. One fullscreen, one in the lower left third, and a third view for lower third song lyrics. This way we have options for how EW content is displayed. This doesn't really help with the transition question directly, but might offer some options for different ways to transition EW content. You might be able to get a PTZ Optics fixed cam from eBay for a less expensive second cam. That could be set for a full stage view while you use the PTZ cam for close ups. Transition to the fixed cam, adjust the PTZ cam then switch back.
smccoole  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2022 3:02:14 AM(UTC)
smccoole

United States

That is about what I figured, thanks! I appreciate the idea of a used fixed camera though. Hadn’t thought of that. Much more affordable than another full PTZ camera cost wise. Great idea!
Caroline  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2022 5:14:19 AM(UTC)
Caroline

Canada

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Maybe you can use an image on EasyWorship to cover transitions.

For example, if there is a large movement when you focus on the pastor for the sermon, you can use EasyWorship to project an image with the sermon title or a bible verse. I believe that if you bring the preset into the preview screen, the camera will move. When it has finished moving, cut the preview over to the live screen. You may have to tell the pastor not to start talking until he sees himself on-screen. It'll still be ok if he starts. It'll be one of those edgy scenes where his voice comes on and then you see him at the pulpit in full-sermon mode.