logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SeanEmer  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 6:19:21 AM(UTC)
SeanEmer

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
This seems like a vmix specific issue, was hoping some of you might have some insights.

I have built a vmix project with the usual big array of sources, shortcuts, cues, etc. all mapped to my personal Stream Deck XL. I then need to run this same identical project on the same computer but using a different Stream Deck XL. When I copy the profile from my personal Stream Deck to the second Stream Deck, all the buttons and labels and whatnot show up fine, but the 'ID' for each vmix button has changed! Other shortcuts from different addons work fine. But now I'm in a situation in which I need to go through my 100+ shortcuts and manually remap each one to the new corresponding button on the new Stream Deck.

This can't be the norm, can it? I feel like it shouldn't be a hard thing to copy the button ID over from the previous stream deck, or for the vmix addon to somehow fix this. Do any of you have a solution for this issue?
Peter1000  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 5:41:52 PM(UTC)
Peter1000

Switzerland

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 54 post(s)
see topic
i changed the computer, not the controller, but it should work also the other way.

transfering button id´s
RuneK  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2022 10:22:47 AM(UTC)
RuneK

Norway

The StreamDeck buttons’ UUID in vMix is a function of the name of the .sdProfile-folder that contains the profile in question. This means that if you copy this folder from one user/computer to another without changing its name, the buttons UUID remain the same and the shortcuts and activators in vMix will work without you having to reassign them. The name of the folder remains unchanged if you make a full backup of the StreamDeck settings and loads this backup on the other users account/on the other computer. You can also simply copy the .sdProfile-folder from one user/computer to another.

This folder is located in
Quote:
%appdata%/Elgato/StreamDeck/ProfilesV2/
and the name is normally on a UUID form, but you can rename this to something human readable, just remember to do this before assigning shortcuts and/or activators in vMix.

Actually, you need to quit the StreamDeck app first… do this by finding it in the system tray, right click on it and choose “Quit Stream Deck”. After renaming it, just start the app again as normal.

But wait, there is more: if you plan to reuse the profile with another StreamDeck panel, you need to remove a little piece of text in the manifest.json-file located in the forementioned .sdProfile-folder: Open this file in a text editor, look towards the end of the file for a section starting with "DeviceUUID":<your/panels/serial number>, remove this up-to-and-including the trailing comma, and save the file. Now, when you start the StreamDeck app again the manifest.json-file gets updated with the DeviceUUID of whatever panel is actually connected to your computer.

These two tips combined should enable you to copy a StreamDeck profile to another user or computer, and/or swap your panel without having to redefine the shortcuts and activators in vMix.Hope this helps!

(Full disclosure; I only found out about this by trial an error, and obviously I can give no guarantees that this approach will work for everyone nor for all versions of panels or app. And should you somehow manage to break anything by trying out these tips, don’t blame me!)
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2022 9:14:06 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
This video here might also be helpful on how to transfer profiles to a new computer:
?t=897

Ice