logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
priortothat  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2022 11:33:59 PM(UTC)
priortothat

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Just wondering if anyone else has come across these problems, and how you might have resolved them?

1. I've had a few people with external camera setups where the image I receive in vMix starts to ficker and flash, sometimes constantly but then it might settle for a while before kicking off again. If it was an SDI connection I'd be replacing the cable or checking the framerates all match. I've tried all the usual re-plugging the camera, restarting the machine/browser, changing browser. Switching to zoom and it works fine.

2. Some users with Logitech external cams I just see a small circle spinning round, all other video software is closed, tried all the usual tricks and I can hear audio from the camera mic just no video. Again switch to zoom and it works fine.

3. The same as above, but with various external cameras and/or camera passthru software eg virtualcam. I can see a splashscreen or logo from the software or camera but no video.

4. Some pro studio setups using external cameras and capture device eg elgato camlink, the capture device appears in the list of available devices but cannot switch to it - it always defaults to the built in camera. Changing browser, restarting, using advanced vmix call makes no difference - the only way to overcome seems to be to disable the built in cam in device manager (windows) or block in security (mac).

I've tried all the usual of restarting device, trying different browsers (chrome, firefox, edge) all other tabs and apps are closed, quit zoom/teams etc, and generally use advanced vmixcall links. Most of the time it's successful, but doing up to 50 vmix calls per day these are the annoying issues I've come across. Sometimes during a tech check things work fine, then for the show day their external camera will have issues yet their setup is exactly the same (so they claim!). Any help or pointers greatly appreaciated :)
xaver  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2022 1:34:19 AM(UTC)
xaver

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 32 post(s)
what's your SDI Capture card?
we sometimes have problems with the BMD Decklink. Reset the input and it works again
priortothat  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2022 3:32:02 AM(UTC)
priortothat

United Kingdom

There is a BMD Decklink in the vmix machine, but that shouldn't be affecting their cameras as their coming in via vmixcall. Other callers connect fine within the same showfile so I'm guessing it's something amiss on their machines?