logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

64 Pages«<1112131415>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
elgarf  
#241 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 1:05:53 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Groups: Registered
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 225 time(s) in 129 post(s)
DWAM wrote:

Yes and No...
for a 10 sec countdown for example, yes the clock stops after 10sec, the ExecLink is executed and the play button is clickable again but the Current Time stays at 0. It should come back to the defined duration (10 sec) so that the widget is usable again simply by pressing Play. Currently we must click manually on Stop icon which resets the current duration to 10 sec but it also re-executes the defined ExecLink for OnStop.

Aww. That's means that timer works not as excepted. Now if timer was stopped by end of the interval, play button will reset timer to start time, so you don't need push stop button anymore.

DWAM wrote:

I'm sorry but I don't understand your answer.
And I also don't understand why some buttons work when I replace or remove an image using index="4" in my xaml, and some won't.

In vMix texts and images are divided into two lists, so text has index 0 and image has index 0 through vMix API. UTC has own representation of vMix state, where texts and images mixed together, so...
Code:
<input key="20c3e12c-393c-4e95-bf4b-76a3c49f6224" number="4" type="Xaml" title="NewsHD4.xaml" state="Paused" position="0" duration="0" loop="False" selectedIndex="0">
NewsHD4.xaml
<text index="0" name="Headline">HEADLINE</text>
<image index="0" name="BackgroundImage">file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/vMix/titles/NewsHD4.xaml.png
</image>

... text here will be at index 0, but image - at index 1. Maybe you have titles, where all images on the top of the list, so "4" stays "4".
DWAM  
#242 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 10:21:33 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi Elgarf

I've just uploaded a small video showing you the issues I'm talking about

Here's my scorebug definition as reported by vMix API so that you can fully understand my VMC
Code:

<input key="9df0bfc0-4611-491b-8f9b-cf8e900789bf" number="2" type="Xaml" title="scorebug.xaml" state="Paused" position="0" duration="0" loop="False" selectedIndex="0">
scorebug.xaml
<text index="0" name="HomeTeam">BOR</text>
<text index="1" name="AwayTeam">NIC</text>
<text index="2" name="HomeScore">0</text>
<text index="3" name="AwayScore">0</text>
<text index="4" name="Period">1st</text>
<text index="5" name="Timer">17:10</text>
<image index="0" name="Object"/>
<image index="1" name="Background">file:///D:/vMix-Projects/_vMixUTC/Ice-Hockey/score-bug.png</image>
<image index="2" name="HomeLogo">D:/vMix-Projects/_vMixUTC/Ice-Hockey/bordeaux-250x250.png</image>
<image index="3" name="AwayLogo">D:/vMix-Projects/_vMixUTC/Ice-Hockey/epinal-250x250.png</image>
<image index="4" name="SponsorImg"/>D:/vMix-Projects/_vMixUTC/Ice-Hockey/score-bug-transp.png</image>
</input>

Regarding the SetImage in buttons, you will see in the video I use the image index according to vMix API. With some buttons it works perfectly, with others it won't.
I don't really understand how to use what you suggest. If UTC own state differs from vMix state how can I define the correct IntValue? Where can I see UTC state?
According to what you say, given the xaml above with 6 text fields and 5 images, I should be using 11 as IntValue to modify "SponsorImg" entry. I did > UTC crashes...
So I tried every value from 0 to 10, it appears 10 is the answer but only for the button I called "not working Set Image" in the video. For other buttons IntValue=4 is still the good option. If I change my button called "scorebug with sponsor" with IntValue=10, it doesn't work !
I'm really confused here...

Regarding the timer issue, it seems there is an erratic behaviour with countdowns (reverse). The initial duration is never reset correctly even when it seems to be (by pressing the stop icon). You will see that after first use, it seems it never really stops 'cos when you press Stop then Play again, the countdown never restarts correctly from initial duration (in my example 10 sec) even if it shows 10 sec.

Sorry to bother you Elgarf
Thanks for your concern

Guillaume
elgarf  
#243 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 11:31:21 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

Hmm... When you made "scorebug with sponsor" button? If you did it before I've updated Functions.xml there can stay previous versions of SetImage and SetText functions into your vmc file. If your "sponsors" text field mapped to SponsorImg into your scorebug it must change right when you push "scorebug with sponsor" button.

Maybe I should update all functions to new versions before vmc loading...

Timer works ok at my side =( BTW, it should accurate calculate time...
DWAM  
#244 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 1:20:38 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

The vmc file was created on the 23rd. I'm working on this project for several days now and because of this issue, I created several versions before deleting and re-creating new ones. And I also tried the same VMC with older UTC versions. So I can't tell when this particular button was created but I see your point. I will try to delete everything and start over.

Does this mean I'm likely to get the same issue when I update my previous project (tennis) to new GUID version ?

Thanks
DWAM  
#245 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 9:40:10 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

You were right Elgarf. The erratic behaviour with SetImage came from mixing UTC versions and updates.
It now works fine entirely with UTC state, but this is quite confusing anyway when you develop complex xaml 'cos indexes change everytime you add a new element in your xaml.

Thanks
Guillaume

DWAM  
#246 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2017 4:11:28 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Hi!

I've added 3 functions to vMixUTC for controlling vMix DataSources. They work fine

Quote:

<vMixFunctionReference>
<Description>DataSourceSelectRow</Description>
<Function>DataSourceSelectRow</Function>
<FormatString>Function=DataSourceSelectRow&amp;Value={2}</FormatString>
</vMixFunctionReference>

<vMixFunctionReference>
<Description>DataSourceNextRow</Description>
<Function>DataSourceNextRow</Function>
<FormatString>Function=DataSourceNextRow&amp;Value={2}</FormatString>
</vMixFunctionReference>

<vMixFunctionReference>
<Description>DataSourcePreviousRow</Description>
<Function>DataSourcePreviousRow</Function>
<FormatString>Function=DataSourcePreviousRow&amp;Value={2}</FormatString>
</vMixFunctionReference>

- the 1st one needs StringValue = Name,Table,Index for selecting a specific row
- NextRow and PreviousRow need StringValue = Name,Table

Hope this helps
Guillaume
thanks 2 users thanked DWAM for this useful post.
elgarf on 2/4/2017(UTC), stigaard on 2/5/2017(UTC)
elgarf  
#247 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2017 2:17:35 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

@DWAM, I've added them to my list.

Now I'm making some design changes in scripting: there is vertical alignment of parameters instead of horizontal and you can name each parameter in Functions.xml. I've also added "Learn" button to hotkeys section)
I'll upload new version a bit later.
DWAM  
#248 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2017 4:51:53 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Hi Elgarf

I'm trying to promote vMixUTC in many occasions in the forum. Check this topic for example :
http://forums.vmix.com/d....aspx?g=posts&t=9380

Regarding this, some insights:

- is there a way to have ExecLink working inside the same widget that defines it? At the moment on ExecLink command can only be used for other widgets.

- I think there is still a problem with OnStop which doesn't "stop" timer correctly. Made many tests and as you see in last night example (above), the only way to stop and reset correctly a countdown timer is to do it from another widget with an ExecLink command.

Regarding vMixUTC in general:

- I have a lot of crashes in a project. I suspect I have something wrong stuck in the vmc (due to crashes). Each and every widgets I use work perfectly when reproduced and isolated in a blank vmc file, but when used alltogether in this vmc file (whole project) there is a problem.
Is there a way to "check and repair", to "clean" a vmc file? I tried checking it with Notepad but it's very difficult to read.

- Do you think it's possible to add a "scripting" section in List widgets ? So that when we select a List row, it would trigger something elsewhere ?

Thanks

Bien à toi,
Guillaume
elgarf  
#249 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2017 5:06:18 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

DWAM wrote:

- is there a way to have ExecLink working inside the same widget that defines it? At the moment on ExecLink command can only be used for other widgets.

What you want to achieve with executing link in the same widget? You can make unstoppable loop, that will be bad )

DWAM wrote:

- I think there is still a problem with OnStop which doesn't "stop" timer correctly. Made many tests and as you see in last night example (above), the only way to stop and reset correctly a countdown timer is to do it from another widget with an ExecLink command.

I'll look at it more precisely.
DWAM wrote:

- I have a lot of crashes in a project. I suspect I have something wrong stuck in the vmc (due to crashes). Each and every widgets I use work perfectly when reproduced and isolated in a blank vmc file, but when used alltogether in this vmc file (whole project) there is a problem.
Is there a way to "check and repair", to "clean" a vmc file? I tried checking it with Notepad but it's very difficult to read.

Attach vmc file (maybe vmix preset too) here or send me by email, please, describe what events crash UTC.

DWAM wrote:

- Do you think it's possible to add a "scripting" section in List widgets ? So that when we select a List row, it would trigger something elsewhere ?

At now I can just add OnSelect ExecLinks to List, there is no way to make full scripting features.

Maybe in future I rewrite all with better scripting abilities like conditions, etc.
DWAM  
#250 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2017 5:06:40 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Oh I forgot one question.

I couldn't find out how to use the "GoTo" function. Could you explain this and give an example?

спасибо
elgarf  
#251 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2017 5:10:59 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

DWAM wrote:
I couldn't find out how to use the "GoTo" function. Could you explain this and give an example?

That's function to make a loop from button commands: for example you need to UpdateState every 5 seconds or show advertisement. GoTo has one parameter, which is the number of command in script.

Basic script for advertisement:

Code:
SetText "abb"
Timer 5000
SetText ""
Timer 5000
GoTo 0

Don't use GoTo without Timer command, please )

thanks 1 user thanked elgarf for this useful post.
DWAM on 2/5/2017(UTC)
DWAM  
#252 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2017 5:23:32 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Quote:
What you want to achieve with executing link in the same widget? You can make unstoppable loop, that will be bad )

That's the idea precisely ! ;o)
Last night examples show that it could be useful sometimes. And it's still possible to stop the loop with the little white square or from another button widget.

It's not very important as we can do it with more buttons. I wanted to make sure it was so, as is, on design, on purpose...I understand the GoTo function is an alternative anyway.

Thanks.
DWAM  
#253 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2017 5:42:07 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Quote:
Attach vmc file (maybe vmix preset too) here or send me by email, please, describe what events crash UTC.

I'm not sure I can email you the whole project as there are many datasources in it (MySQL database not on the internet).
I see what I can do.

It can crash on anything now. Starting a timer or an overlay for example... It's not crashing on a specific button...

That's the project I'm talking about:
elgarf  
#254 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2017 8:28:28 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

DWAM, Just vmc and vmix files will be enough. BTW, you can enable logging and show me your log file.
elgarf  
#255 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 2:29:22 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

If I right, there was problem somewhere in your state dependent buttons. I made small led, indicating problems in scripts. You should check your SetImage/SetText indices if this led is red.
Still can't see problem with timer widget on my side =(

Try this new version.
First post
DWAM  
#256 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 5:28:14 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Hi Elgarf

thanks for this new version. Nice improvements!

I just tried it for 10 minutes or so with my crashing project. All state dependent buttons show a green led and best of all, my project did not crash at all so far. I will try it for a longer period of time but it seems good ! I cross my fingers !

I should have mentionned this before but I forgot. I noticed that when UTC started to crash often something was strange : the green led on IP connection turned red very frequently. Especially when I just open UTC with a blank project, the led was red until I create a widget. Obviously at times the led was red, I'm absolutely certain I had a good connection: IP was the good one and everything else was working fine.
At first I thought it became the normal behaviour when you did the GUID version, but I see now that with today's version that the led is green as soon as I open UTC and UTC won't crash no more (hopefully).

Maybe this can help you figure out what was wrong.

Quote:
Still can't see problem with timer widget on my side =(

I will test again with new version. Keep you posted

Quote:
Breaking news

I have started to write a documentation for vMixUTC as I see many people don't know how to use it.
My idea is to create a topic for it and to publish examples with howto videos and screencaps.
Do you mind?
elgarf  
#257 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 6:05:24 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

DWAM wrote:
I should have mentionned this before but I forgot. I noticed that when UTC started to crash often something was strange : the green led on IP connection turned red very frequently. Especially when I just open UTC with a blank project, the led was red until I create a widget. Obviously at times the led was red, I'm absolutely certain I had a good connection: IP was the good one and everything else was working fine.

Note, that Online/Offline led is just for info, it's not show real connectivity problems and updating every 20 seconds. If you sure, that your connection is good, you can just push UpdateState button.
DWAM wrote:

I have started to write a documentation for vMixUTC as I see many people don't know how to use it.
My idea is to create a topic for it and to publish examples with howto videos and screencaps.
Do you mind?

That's good.
DWAM  
#258 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 6:10:42 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Your PM box is full Elgarf. Send you an email.
DWAM  
#259 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 6:25:02 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Quote:
If you sure, that your connection is good, you can just push UpdateState button

I did. No effect... Yes I'm sure as I still could request vMix API, use shared folders, use vMix WebController and so on...
I had to create a widget to see the indicator go green.
Also I could lose connectivity anytime, nothing would work, and it came back to normal after a while.
I also tried to revert to your functions.xml (as I had modified mine), to download again latest version, etc... Nothing would fix this until this morning (apparently)...

Keep you posted if it happens again. Thanks.
DWAM  
#260 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 12:26:21 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Hi

I've just added a new function to "Set MultiView Overlay" in UTC functions.xml. It works fine...

Code:

<vMixFunctionReference>
    <Description>Set MultiView Overlay</Description>
    <Function>SetMultiViewOverlay</Function>
    <FormatString>Function=SetMultiViewOverlay&amp;Input={0}&amp;Value={1},{2}</FormatString>
    <IntDescription>Overlay Number</IntDescription>
    <StringDescription>New Input</StringDescription>
  </vMixFunctionReference>

It allows to change overlay inputs in a multiview input:

- select multiview input in the dropdown menu,
- indicate which overlay number (from 1 to 5) is to be used
- type in new input number that is to be used. To revert initial setting, just leave blank.

@Elgarf, I don't know if it requires state definition, but I already defined Int and String Descriptions to make it easy to use.

Bien à vous,
Guillaume