logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

64 Pages«<1314151617>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
elgarf  
#281 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 10:03:16 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Groups: Registered
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 225 time(s) in 129 post(s)
@DWAM, redownload UTC, it shouldn't crash on timers.
DWAM  
#282 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 10:08:02 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Still a problem I think when trying to use it.

I do more testing, be back soon
DWAM  
#283 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 10:16:23 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Yep still a problem

I can now use the config icon to set the timer but it crashes when I click ok to validate even if I don't change a thing.

This is only for previous projects.

Clicking cancel works but it's useless! ;o)

elgarf  
#284 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 10:19:38 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

Okay) redownload it again. All should work ok now.
DWAM  
#285 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 2:15:26 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

I think it's ok now. Thank you very much!

I think I found something else with Timer Widget. It seems the defined Hotkeys are always active even if the active box is not ticked. Obviously if no key or link was defined it has no effect, but unticking the hotkey when a link is still defined doesn't make it inactive.

Thanks again!
Siroki  
#286 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 6:02:41 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I manage few months ago to use UTC for soccer. Made players name in list and from dropdown choose names for yellow, red, scorer and substitution.
I made for every type of overlay (yellow, red, scorer etc) one list and two buttons. In the list I choose name and near that I have card button to send it live or preview to preview it.

Its ok except I need for every one of that option upload/add list fotm txt file that I made. But thats not huge problem.

Is it able to use the same txt list to show complete player/team list before game if you understand? In intro of the game when graphics come with logo, team name and list of starter players (11 players)and coach, then 7 players substitutions.

I enter players in this form:

4 Lionel Messi
5 Ronaldinho
7 Christiano Ronaldo

etc etc

My problem is that I made title where I have special fields for starters with player number and player name, substitions and coach name. I need to go in that and write the whole team and then make another .txt file for lists dropdown for yellow, red, scorer etc I make double job. For free solution its ok but is there some way to use one, the same .txt file for both? This is example of my scoreboard graphics:

thx
DWAM  
#287 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 7:47:05 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Hey Siroki!

I ran into quite the same problem and did not find a way. Because the format for the list is not the same when you want to show individual players or the full team.

For your presentation team title with all players at the same time, I think you need a list like this:
Code:
1|Player1|2|Player2|3|Player3|4|Player4| etc...

This is the default datasource format in vMixUTC. So you could use the XML datasource to do it.

But here's what I do when I need a single list to be used for multiple List Widgets for different xaml titles.
My text (csv) file for List Widget is like this:

Code:

7|7|Christiano Ronaldo|Christiano Ronaldo|RONALDO
4|4|Lionel Messi|Lionel Messi|MESSI
etc

So I can map
- first column value in xaml1
- third column value in xaml1
- second column value in xaml2
- fourth column value in xaml2
- fifth column value in xaml3
for each player selected in my dropdown list.

Also I do a global List Widget which is used to import only once the csv and then I use this List as a datasource for other List Widgets. This is how I would do for yellow/red cards, but also for substitutions, or scorers.

This is not exactly the answer to your problem, but I think it is not possible because sometimes we need lists made in rows and some other times, we need lists made in columns.

Now I do everything with a MySQL database and I wrote php scripts with SQL queries that export the data in XML the way I need it. When I only need rows it goes to vMixUTC and when I need both rows and columns it goes to vMix. Both on Datasource.

Hope this helps anyway.
Guillaume
Siroki  
#288 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 4:41:11 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Yes
I need to get more deep in vMix UTC to find out all the solutions. Like I said, this is free and it's not big problem to enter players lists twice because its FREE. I just wanted to ask did someone find some good solution for this. Thank you
elgarf  
#289 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 4:44:20 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

@Siroki, I think I can make TextFile Data Provider for external data widget, just a bit later.
thanks 1 user thanked elgarf for this useful post.
corporatejames on 3/3/2017(UTC)
DWAM  
#290 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 9:14:54 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Hi Elgarf

It seems vMix last release v19.0.0.33 broke something in vMixUTC internal state. It concerns the way Stingers transitions are now handled.

I think it is related to these 2 bug fixes:
* Fixed SetTransition shortcut not working with Stingers
* Fixed transition names in API xml for Stingers

Here's my log error message for all UTC hosts trying to connect to vMix. UTC's unable to connect now, so impossible to use.

Quote:

2017-03-05 14:07:08.3273 ERROR vMix state was not created. System.InvalidOperationException: Il existe une erreur dans le document XML (33, 28). ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Erreur de validation d'instance : 'Stinger1' n'est pas une valeur valide pour TransitionEffect.
à Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderState.Read12_TransitionEffect(String s)
à Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderState.Read13_Transition(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
à Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderState.Read14_State(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
à Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderState.Read15_vmix()
--- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
à System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
à System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
à vMixAPI.State.Create(String textstate) dans D:\??????\vMixControllerMultiState\vMixAPI\State.cs:ligne 123

I guess you can reproduce this issue after updating vMix with latest release which is RC for v19.
https://forums.vmix.com/...ts&m=36364#post36364

Best regards,
Guillaume
Siroki  
#291 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 7:01:40 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

I prepare UTC on laptop and I will try to send graphics from vMix with fullscreen to ATEM 1/ME on Wednesday when I will operate with Atem and graphics for TV station that will cover live soccer match.

Everything works except Timer but I have older version, few months (more than 6) ago when I downloaded it. I will try the new one after the match and now for this match just start timer in vMix.

I wll try to make pictures with my phone and put them here
elgarf  
#292 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 1:52:54 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

DWAM wrote:
It seems vMix last release v19.0.0.33 broke something in vMixUTC internal state. It concerns the way Stingers transitions are now handled.

Now it should be fixed.
DWAM  
#293 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 3:23:23 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Thanks Elgarf

yep it seems to run fine, just did a very quick test. On prod for 2 days, so I won't have time to make further in-depth testing.

Guillaume
JAIRODJ  
#294 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 12:06:54 PM(UTC)
JAIRODJ

Man

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello, I will not tire of congratulating the creator of this @elgarf app, which has facilitated us a lot in our work, and the great capacity it has to produce and perfectly work the software.
Also insensitive to the users of this app, that support with his donation to the creator.
Well I want to check if there is the possibility of adding scheduled tasks, ie if I can based on a clock schedule some task.
Example.
12h00 = Input 1 - Cut
13h00 = Input 2 - Overlay 3
14h00 = Input 3 - Fade
Etc etc.
Or if it is possible that you can create an app that allows programming tasks in vmix, and enable a Playout with vmix.
It is true that other app has already been seen, but without demeaning its creators, they have not completed or have not perfected their software based on the suggestions, questions, comments and contributions of other users, you will have their reasons.

@elgarf, If possible it would be another great achievement on your part and a great contribution to the vmix community.
You have to acknowledge and thank for your work.
elgarf  
#295 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 12:23:14 PM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

@JAIRODJ, I can made clock widget with time marks and ExecLinks assigned to them, so UTC will push button at certain time (it should be like small scheduler into UTC). It can be as an option, but I think it's not the best UX solution =)

Siroki  
#296 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 6:32:22 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hello guys,
yesterday we did a quite nice live production of Cup match of big rival teams, teams from top level soccer league in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

The production was made for regional TV station. The station rent equipment and only had cameras.

On picture below you can see screen for multiview of ATEM and on the right side the smaller screen you can see UTC controller that elgarf made. I controlled everything from UTC
Thank you elgarf

I think here is recorded match but I don't know who will be able to watch it and who will not because of audio in commercials:

UserPostedImage

Best regards
Bandit62  
#297 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2017 9:40:24 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Hi guys...been testing the program, and so far it works great...One problem I have, is that when using it on a single monitor, every time I use vMix, it goes to the back, and I have to use the taskbar to bring it to front again...is there a way to lock it to stay infront at all times.

Thanks for a very useful piece of software...
Siroki  
#298 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2017 10:46:09 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Bandit62 wrote:
Hi guys...been testing the program, and so far it works great...One problem I have, is that when using it on a single monitor, every time I use vMix, it goes to the back, and I have to use the taskbar to bring it to front again...is there a way to lock it to stay infront at all times.

Why do you send it on back. I setup everything on UTC and minimize vMix and control everything in UTC. SO its fullscreen all the time
DWAM  
#299 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2017 10:50:35 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Hi Bandit!

you can check this page https://www.howtogeek.co...lways-on-top-on-windows/

However I think it's best to use a 2nd monitor for UTC or even a 2nd computer if possible. I also tested UTC on a very cheap chinese tablet with Win10 over Wifi, it worked great!

Hope this helps
Guillaume
Bandit62  
#300 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2017 11:01:42 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Siroki wrote:
Bandit62 wrote:

Why do you send it on back. I setup everything on UTC and minimize vMix and control everything in UTC. SO its fullscreen all the time

That is what I had to do, and place it next to vMix, but I wanted to place it on top of vMix where the audio meters are located...nevertheless, I found a way to get it to work that is acceptable.....Thanks..

I also am at a loss here, as how to update a list: For example, I had a list of 8 players, but then the list was updated to 10 players...How do I update my list in UTC, or do I always have to make a new one each time it changes..How do I modify my list....And another issue I have...I loaded UTC on a PC that is running windows 7, and the buttons do not show...I get little dots where the are located..( lock, copy, Properties and close)....they are all small square dots....