logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Siroki  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 10:57:34 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Groups: Registered
Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I made my own scoreboard template. I will make some showcase here on youtube video for vMix.

I have one question:
Is it able to take the same values of scoreboard for another design/scoreboard, everything on same project?

Explanation:
So, I have top left scoreboard with short team names, score and timer.
And like on TV soccer production I wanna show bottom middle scoreboard (every 10-15 minutes) with full team names, score, logos and timer. The point is that I dont need to update 2 scoreboards, just to update one, and on another the timer and score updates automatically? MADE THIS

With this I am thinking to make player list (with bench) for both teams, coach names, judges... MADE THIS, EXAMPLE IN THE BOTTOM OF POST

And if someone coulf explain me easily how to make that on scoreboard extra time and background for it is empty until I add extra time value (+1,+2,+5 etc) when it shows up with some animation? I FIGURE IT OUT

EDIT: This is a video example what I made:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG07dQaYjs8

thx
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 12:18:44 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Siroki

If I understand you correctly, I would do this with additional 'Shortcuts' for your second scoreboard and then add them to the "Advanced" tab of the 'Shortcuts' you use for your first scoreboard.
That is, for example, the "Start Timer" shortcut for your first scoreboard triggers the "Start Timer" for the second scoreboard, so they will always be in sync.

For adding an animated "Extra Time" timer, I would be inclined to do this independently as a workaround, similar to how I do a "penalty" clock in hockey, unless you have the programming skills to develop your own XAML animation "in" of a secondary timer once the primary maxes out (i.e. at 45 mins and 90 mins)

Ice
Siroki  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 12:49:08 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

IceStream wrote:
@ Siroki

If I understand you correctly, I would do this with additional 'Shortcuts' for your second scoreboard and then add them to the "Advanced" tab of the 'Shortcuts' you use for your first scoreboard.
That is, for example, the "Start Timer" shortcut for your first scoreboard triggers the "Start Timer" for the second scoreboard, so they will always be in sync.

For adding an animated "Extra Time" timer, I would be inclined to do this independently as a workaround, similar to how I do a "penalty" clock in hockey, unless you have the programming skills to develop your own XAML animation "in" of a secondary timer once the primary maxes out (i.e. at 45 mins and 90 mins)

Ice

Thank you for answer. I am new in vMix, just intalled it today, bought a HD licence.
I tryed some shortcuts for startTimer (F1) and score raise (Add) but didn't get it right. Not really shure how to make it, need to read and see some tutorials.

You recommend to use the same shortcuts for timer in both modules?
I was thinking to insert like p-in-p/overlay the small (top left) scoreboard on the second one, use the same background image for score and time and just crop it few times and put on right place. Thar was my idea.

I don't have programming skills, I am a graphic designer, know html,css etc but not programming to make some XAML animation.
Can you explain or send some tutorial for your suggestion:
independently as a workaround, similar to how I do a "penalty" clock in hockey

Dou you have example?

Thanks
Marko
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2016 12:01:32 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ Siroki

My apologies Marko, perhaps I mistakenly thought your graphics were already XAMLs that you were able to use with vMix.
If not, it's no big deal, you can easily use the vMix Titler to create your own using some of your existing graphic elements (although as a graphic designer you might not like the "basic" UI, but with a little patience I'm sure you'll manage just fine).
Another option might be to acquire an already existing vMix XAML sports graphics/titles pack.
(If you search the forum you can probably find 3 or 4 different ones, when I have more time, I'll see what I can dig up)

Tips for shortcuts:
To increase score by one use value: +=1
To start a timer I prefer to use the "pause" function for "start/stop" scenarios.

Ice
Siroki  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2016 6:17:51 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Thanks
I was working on graphics and this is what I made past days:

UserPostedImage

Custom graphics with almost everything, good for amateur/professional soccer stream (I think so :))
No animations, but with vMix animations on overlays in looks very professional. I will make a video with my graphics when I prepare everything.

thx
Marko
IceStream  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2016 11:17:04 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ Siroki

Looking good Marko!
I'm sure you are well on your way to making this work for you.

In the meantime, as promised, some of the things I've been able to dig up...
Examples of Commercial graphics packs developed for vMix:

vMix User contributions:

http://forums.vmix.com/d....aspx?g=posts&t=2275
http://forums.vmix.com/d....aspx?g=posts&t=2901

The 'workaround' I use for hockey penalty clocks is an animated lower third developed by Håvard & Sondre:

http://forums.vmix.com/d....aspx?g=posts&t=2138

Perhaps you will find some of this usefull.

Ice
sinc747  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2016 11:52:51 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 161 post(s)
It's pretty crude, but here's a quick tutorial I made on how to use shortcuts to advance the scores on a scoreboard and how to use the same data on more than one scoreboard.

?t=18m59s

The video starts at about 19:00 with the "adding same data" part.

Hope this is helpful!

- Tom
Siroki  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2016 5:16:39 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Thanks guys but I manage to do everything today with vMix standard transitions and vMix title designer..Looks awesome..I need to finish penalties and intro with info and logos and I will make small video presentation of it and put it here.

The solution for scoreboard are shortcuts
+=1 -=1 for score count

and startCountdown and pauseCountdown

The solution for extra time is that I made custom title with just background, +, and editable value. Put module for extraTime, enter i Scoreboard module, made Multiview (Overlay), choose extra time and set it to place. Later I made shortcut for up and down value of extra time (depends on referee decision) and shortcut to overlay it and remove it. It works great. Xou will see on my video example when I finish everythig, possoble tommorow.

For second timer on bottom middle scoreboard I just put Multiview, on position one put scoreboard, crop the timer and put it on the right place. Works fine :)

bye
Marko
Kalink  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2016 6:44:23 AM(UTC)
Kalink

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Siroki wrote:
Thanks

Custom graphics with almost everything, good for amateur/professional soccer stream (I think so :))
No animations, but with vMix animations on overlays in looks very professional. I will make a video with my graphics when I prepare everything.

thx
Marko

Will you make avaliable this graphic package? free or pay?
Thanks
Lukas
Siroki  
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2016 8:38:26 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Kalink wrote:
Siroki wrote:
Thanks

thx
Marko

Thanks
Lukas

I would give it for free just not shure how to do that? To zip everything with vMix saved project or? Or XAML files with graphics? I did everything in title designer on 1280x720
Siroki  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2016 8:54:31 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

sinc747 wrote:
It's pretty crude, but here's a quick tutorial I made on how to use shortcuts to advance the scores on a scoreboard and how to use the same data on more than one scoreboard.

?t=18m59s

The video starts at about 19:00 with the "adding same data" part.

Hope this is helpful!

- Tom

Hi Tom,
I figure this by myself already before I saw your post. Like I explain in my earlier post. It works fine. I just add a timer on second scoreboard on way that I put a first scoreboard on multiview on second and crop the timer, put it on place and it works like a charm :)
I will put a video example of my soccer graphics as soon as possible

Marko
Kalink  
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2016 1:37:17 PM(UTC)
Kalink

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Siroki wrote:
Kalink wrote:
Siroki wrote:
Thanks

thx
Marko

Thanks
Lukas

I would give it for free just not shure how to do that? To zip everything with vMix saved project or? Or XAML files with graphics? I did everything in title designer on 1280x720

I really dont know, possibly XAML files and project...did you also made some shortcuts for it?
1280x720 is not a problem.
Thanks!
thanks 1 user thanked Kalink for this useful post.
thole on 4/12/2019(UTC)
Siroki  
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2016 2:07:52 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Kalink wrote:
Siroki wrote:
Kalink wrote:
Siroki wrote:
Thanks

thx
Marko

Thanks
Lukas

I really dont know, possibly XAML files and project...did you also made some shortcuts for it?
1280x720 is not a problem.
Thanks!

yes
I made shortcuts for start/pause countdown, +- score, +1- extra time with shortcuts to transition show/hide

You will see everything in my video when I make it during next days
Siroki  
#14 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 8:17:50 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Here is a video preview of my soccer pack graphics:

HercegovinaLive - Siroki Brijeg - Custom Soccer pack graphics live broadcast for vMix

I think it looks pretty good for amateur like me and that I work with vMix just 3-4 days

Give me your opinions, feedback etc :)))
thanks 1 user thanked Siroki for this useful post.
MartinJudkins on 1/11/2016(UTC)
palco5  
#15 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 6:03:52 PM(UTC)
palco5

Siroki wrote:
Here is a video preview of my soccer pack graphics:

HercegovinaLive - Siroki Brijeg - Custom Soccer pack graphics live broadcast for vMix

I think it looks pretty good for amateur like me and that I work with vMix just 3-4 days

Give me your opinions, feedback etc :)))

Very Good!!!