logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vmixsupport  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 4:53:53 AM(UTC)
vmixsupport

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 67 post(s)
This month's live show is going to be one for the ages! We've decided to throw all smart broadcasting protocol out the window. That's right, the January edition of the show will be using a Beta version of vMix 17. It's probably not the best idea we've ever had, but we're going to give it a go. We'll be attempting some fun stuff with one of the new features live on the show with pretty limited testing. So if you enjoy watching video mayhem, then tune in!

Not only will we be doing a LIVE show with a BETA product, we'll also be announcing the final codeword in the vMix GOLD giveaway. That's some pretty exciting news on its own.

This is a Euro-friendly show, so it's on January the 18th at 9am London Time, 10am in Prague, 5pm in Singapore, 8pm in Sydney. Here's a full guide on what time it's on in your time zone. For our US friends, we'll attempt to have the show up for you sometime on the Monday. Unless of course it's THAT bad that it should never be shown again!

UserPostedImage

vmix.com/liveshow to view the show

As always, there will be a question and answer time, so bring them along and we'll try and answer them all.

richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 5:26:56 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
way cool!!! :)
In case I miss the live Q&A, here is a question:
Regarding the support for NewBlue Titler Pro Live. Will it somehow be integrated so that changes to the content in the Overlay still can be made via vMix's API? (e.g. change the text in the "Description" field).
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 6:48:49 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
Another great show guys with some very exciting developments for vMix17... Can't wait!
My Internet here is quite slow so the stream had to buffer frequently and in fact was cut off before I caught the closing (no biggy, as the MAGIC had already been revealed).
The chat got disconnected a couple of times as well (log in was a bit of a pain for some reason)
Not sure, either, why the 'Player' was so small in my browser, I alternated between fullscreen and browser screen with chat window, which was also a bit of a pain.
All-in-all though, a very informative show.

Ice
MartinJudkins  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 7:36:18 AM(UTC)
MartinJudkins

Man
Netherlands

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Great show lads!
This software is really taking off..
It was the bees knees already... I hesitate ... v17 will be the dogs... no I'll not go there!

Well done!
Bardos59  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 9:08:19 AM(UTC)

Groups:

where can I watch the show, Youtube?
jhebbel  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 9:35:58 AM(UTC)
jhebbel

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Speegs  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 9:37:16 AM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Love NDI. Can't wait for some Converters and then Cameras :)
jhebbel  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 9:39:43 AM(UTC)
jhebbel

Don't take this too personally, You guys are fantastic developers, but you guys MUST know somebody local that can help you with production during these shows. And get a teleprompter.
Speegs  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 9:52:54 AM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Seems like once NDI works, an NDI desktop capture program might be handy.

It might be better than desktop capture when it fully develops.
admin  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 10:17:39 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4161 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
jhebbel wrote:
Don't take this too personally, You guys are fantastic developers, but you guys MUST know somebody local that can help you with production during these shows. And get a teleprompter.

But that's sort of the point! It's a casual, light hearted format where we talk about what has been happening in the world of vMix.

If we wanted to do a BBC World type news show, we could spent hundreds of thousands on building a dedicated studio and hiring professional newscasters, but then
people watching the show would think it was all too expensive and out of reach for them when we really want them to say "hey, I could do that".
And indeed they can and probably do a better job than us by far!

Speegs, good news! Desktop Capture is indeed coming to NDI and will be a lot more versatile than our current desktop capture.
thanks 4 users thanked admin for this useful post.
corporatejames on 1/20/2016(UTC), madness on 1/20/2016(UTC), mjgraves on 1/21/2016(UTC), pba on 1/24/2016(UTC)
jhebbel  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 10:33:08 AM(UTC)
jhebbel

I'm not talking about production quality or content/talent, In fact some of the bumpers, stingers, CGI and optics you use already put you guys out of reach of many of the "casual" users. I'm not even talking about format, I'm just talking about production logistics, some of the video segments can become awkward to watch and even downright painful as inputs, overlays, effects are fumbled around with, exacerbated by the fact that it is being done by the on screen talent. A buddy off screen could greatly help and open you guys up to be more relaxed and have one on one conversations with each other without alwayse having to worry about shots.

But I'm nitpicking, I'll take a hot mess of a video production over developers just coming on forums and dumping paragraphs of text any day of the week, as somebody who also does software development, albeit game development, I can relate to trying to put out solo staffed productions rather than blogs or forum posts to keep users happy.
Len56  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 11:06:22 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Hi Martin,

I think the answer to the NDI cabling problem to cameras is already out there, they are called HDMI Extenders over Cat5e or Cat6 Cables, take a look on the Amazon website here is a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Po...der-Cables/dp/B003LZA95W

I have also seen other makes of these boxes on the internet too.

And if my memory corrects me Mark from StudioTech TV did a peace in one of his shows regarding these boxes.
admin  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 11:40:37 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4161 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
Len56 wrote:

I think the answer to the NDI cabling problem to cameras is already out there, they are called HDMI Extenders over Cat5e or Cat6 Cables, take a look on the Amazon website here is a

Hi,

NDI is a true low latency IP based solution, you can have multiple cameras being sent (both directions) over a standard gigabit network and even through a single cable
Extenders are quite different as they use the same sort of cables, but are only changing the wiring and can't be connected to the existing network ports on a PC or laptop for example.

So to connect two vMix machines together with an extender would require the following setup:

PC -> Output Card -> HDMI -> Extender -> -----Cat6 Cable----- Extender -> HDMI -> Capture Card -> PC

NDI changes all of this to the following:

PC -> Network Cable -> PC

Or in the case of a camera:

Camera -> Converter Box -> Network Cable -> PC

Hope that helps explain things a bit better.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
Len56  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 12:25:22 PM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Hi martin,

Well done that explains a lot, so do you know of any converter boxes out there to connect HDMI cameras to a network via Network Cable -> PC for NDI?
sinc747  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 4:51:22 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Gents,

I want to commend you on an outstanding broadcast... one well worth getting up in the middle of the night to watch!

To actually see the NDI working is just stunning. I expected that this feature would be later in the year, but it's January and you've got it!! The possibilities are seemingly endless. WELL DONE!

I was a bit taken back by the auto switching function you demo'd in the post show. Unfortunately my feed froze for about two minutes, so I missed much of it. I would love to hear/see more about it as time allows. It has a major impact on a turn-key PC system that I am developing.

As for the broadcast itself... don't change a thing. We're just old friends sitting around chatting. It is real. Real is good. Real is trustworthy. It's almost like a peek behind the scenes. Everybody wants to peek behind the curtain. Everybody wants to be in-the-know.

As I sit here yawning, I'm hoping you'll rotate the February show time back to one suitable for US viewing. Lol.

Thanks, guys!

- Tom

sinc747  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2016 4:03:21 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
So using the new NDI input option I can connect to a USB3.0 PTZ connected to a 2nd PC running vMix somewhere on my LAN? Wow! Amazing.