logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Iris  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2015 7:38:57 AM(UTC)
Iris

Groups: Registered
Man

Just been testing vMix but having problems.

I have a Blackmagic Ultrastudio Monitor ( thunderbolt) that is plugged into my Blackmagic ATEM TVS vision mixer, I'm using this as the output from my computer. vMix is playing the video fine on screen but not outputting via the Ultrastudio. I know the Ultrastudio is working as I get output using Blackmagic media express. So I'm guessing it must be a settings issue, I'm SD widescreen.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2015 1:49:28 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Iris

This might be a stupid question, but have you enabled "External Renderer" in vMix and matched the settings for Ultrastudio to recognize it?
(One of my 'pet peeves' with Blackmagic products, so friggin temperamental with settings, I can only assume Ultrastudio is no different and needs to be configured in the BMD Control Panel)

Ice
Speegs  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2015 6:24:43 PM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
IceStream wrote:
@ Iris

This might be a stupid question, but have you enabled "External Renderer" in vMix and matched the settings for Ultrastudio to recognize it?
(One of my 'pet peeves' with Blackmagic products, so friggin temperamental with settings, I can only assume Ultrastudio is no different and needs to be configured in the BMD Control Panel)

Ice

Of no assistance, but I just avoid their products now. They might made some awesome other gear that doesn't involved interfacing to a computer, but the stuff that works with a computer is often close enough to working to completely frustrate you, but is so fussy will eventually drive you nuts thinking there has to be something easier :) I've wasted that much time with GoPros and BM Capture the best advice I could give myself is never buy BM Capture equipment. Since switching to alternative equipment my headaches just went away.
Iris  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2015 12:02:51 PM(UTC)
Iris

Man

Making some progress........ I think!!!

I'm getting audio out but no video, when I click on ext output I get an error box

StartStopExternal
Access is Denied. (Exception from HRESULT : 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

I'm running the trial version while I test it, should I be able to playout video files.

Playout is working in BM media express so everything is working outside of vMix