logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Simsyuk  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2024 5:58:29 PM(UTC)
Simsyuk

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone with more experience in vMix can assist me with a challenge I'm facing. I'm currently using TikTok Live Studio to stream, which isn't ideal as I don’t have a stream key, while using vMix v27.0.0.75 4k for my live stream content.

For my Tiktok Live Studio setup, I've designated vMix64.exe as the audio input (that's the option it offers me) and vMix video as the camera input. Note, TikTok has a strict policy against prolonged graphics on the screen—anything over 5 seconds can get your stream flagged as "pre-recorded content, and blocked" which is incredibly frustrating, especially when it is indeed live - external source only.

I use Zoom to seamlessly bring my guests into the livestream via a second standard PC, which handles the CPU/GPU load efficiently. This setup allows me to communicate with hosts and guests without the audience hearing our exchanges, which simplifies production considerably - don't you just love the bluetooth headphones/mic, no cables.

Despite this setup, I've run into an issue with an echo in the audio. I've been unable to determine the source of this echo. To integrate the camera input into TikTok Live Studio, I'm utilising the 'External' feature in the vMix 4k version.

However, despite trying various adjustments, I still face issues with audio echo as reported by my viewers.

If anyone has any insights or recommendations to help resolve this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
kross  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2024 5:44:07 AM(UTC)
kross

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I've never streamed to TikTok or used their Live Studio, so take this for what it's worth. Is it possible their software is configured to get audio from your microphone, as well as audio from vMix? That would cause an echo. Or possibly from vMix and desktop audio? Basically make sure it can only get audio from one source (vMix) and nowhere else.
Simsyuk  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2024 6:07:38 PM(UTC)
Simsyuk

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Thank you for your response. I've managed to solve the initial issue—it was related to the Windows audio settings, where I needed to mute vMix64.exe. However, I now have a new challenge: viewers can hear me on Zoom, which is unexpected as I haven't configured an audio input for my microphone in vMix! Quite odd, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.