logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ubm  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2024 10:06:56 AM(UTC)
ubm

Groups: Registered
Canada

I'm having an issue with a new machine I just bought - a Lenovo Thinkstation P3. It's a great machine overall, and powerful to run everything I need it to, including vMix.

However, I'm running into an issue where all of my USB capture devices are showing pixelated. I have a AJA U-TAP and a Magewell USB Capture HDMI Plus and both work but they both show up pixelated when I'm trying to run a slideshow from a secondary laptop.

The strange part is that they are only pixelated in vMix, not in any other program (Zoom, GoToWebinar, etc). I can't figure out what's going on...

The other strange part is when I run the exact same set up on my other computers (Mac Mini with Bootcamp or a ThinkPad, both with vMix with the exact same hardware) they use the exact same set up and work perfectly fine with no pixelation. So, I know it's not the hardware.

Any help is appreciated!

Pic 1

ubm  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2024 12:56:38 AM(UTC)
ubm

Canada

A further update to this: It's on both the preview and external output. If I go to Zoom direct the issue disappears.

For example, look at the letter A in the titles here or at the spiral graphic on the top left of each. Direct is clear, but through vMix it pixelates on both.

UserPostedImage
ubm  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2024 7:18:02 AM(UTC)
ubm

Canada

So I figured it out - for whatever reason the default graphics set up didn't want to render it nicely, but changing to the actual video card did fix it. Kind of an idiot moment but hopefully this helps someone in the future...

Basically I had to switch from integrated Intel to the NVIDIA card and poof all worked ok! I should have been using the NVIDIA card anyways from the start but alas...
demon  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2024 3:03:33 AM(UTC)
demon

China

Ask yourself and answer yourself~:)