logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kitter  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2024 12:39:40 PM(UTC)
kitter

Groups: Registered
Czech Republic

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello, I am having another problem.

For our events, I set up the Recording to split up by 5 minutes. Because if the computer or vmix crashes, we only lose just 5 minutes of the show. (although now i use Untrunc for repair) And if we want to take some part of the recording, we just take the 5-minute parts we want, without editing any files.

I have found out unfortunately that the splitting causes problems. In the picture, you can see parts of the record. In the bottom, you can see zoomed-in parts of the record. And there is the problem. For each segment, there are 4 at the and and 1 on the beginning, 20ms frames of video without audio.
vmix problem.png (55kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

We usually shoot sports events, but lately we had a ceremony night with a lot of people speaking. When someone spoke across the 5 minute gap, you can hear an audio glitch in the resulting joined file. The youtube video is not affected, the sound is OK here.
Recording settings is here:
vmix problem2.png (28kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

I've tested FFMPEG recording method, but there is a similar segmenting problem as well. vMix AVI consumes too much disk space.
Versions 26.0.0.45 and 24.0.0.72.

Can you please tell me another solution, which way to Record in vMix to h264 MP4 ?