logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Video-Chopper  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2024 4:11:10 AM(UTC)
Video-Chopper

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello all!

So, at my office, we use two Windows based PCs for vMix production. The specs are all current and I don't want to deep dive into that because I don't believe it is a hardware issue.

PC #1 was built before I started and is a Threadripper; before I started, they had no reporeted BSOD (blue screen of death) and had no serious vMix issues. My co-worker was the only person using this machine until I started, and was the only Windows profile installed.

I started in August 2023, and once we added my profile to PC #1, we started experiencing unpredictable yet frequent hardware issues and BSODs.

I suggested we build a second PC as a backup while we troubleshoot PC #1, which is what we did.

I built out (with the help of our IT team) an Intel-based BEAST of a PC (PC #2). This thing rips!

But, that said, this also has two profiles on it and has been doing nothing but BSODs when it isn't melting faces with the performance that it offers.

So, that leads me to believe that there is something that vMix does not like with multiple Windows profiles and users on the same machine.

I could be wrong, but has anyone else experienced this?

Side note -- we are also exploring the error logs and do suspect some other Azure based issues with company security, but there was no clear indicator from what we have dug through yet on that front.

Thanks in advance!

admin  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2024 12:33:03 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4161 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
Hi,

You can run the WhoCrashed app to see what driver and/or hardware is faulty:

https://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

BSODs cannot be caused by software like vMix directly, they occur due to faults in drivers and hardware alone.

Regards,

Martin
vMix