logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
roverradio  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2023 3:23:42 PM(UTC)
roverradio

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Having Zoom built-in is fantastic. Much easier to work with it natively in vMix than ZoomISO, which we have been using. Calls have been very stable (did 4-hour call in production recently with no probs).

After playing around for a while, I have come across a two things that may make it slightly more difficult for some to migrate from ZoomISO to vMix native Zoom.

1) No NDI output of the Zoom participants. Of course you could set up a Zoom input as a vMix Output, but we're already using all 4 outputs various returns, etc. Not sure if there is something that inherently prohibits it, but it would be great to have Zoom inputs available for individual NDI outputs (like vMix call, cams, etc.).

2) ZoomISO has some options on what to do when caller drops (currently it seems vMix Zoom just freezes the last frame on an input that drops, at least for me). Would be nice to have option to go to black, go to alpha, or placeholder image like ZoomISO.

3) I haven't been able to connect to meetings that have a vanity ID (personal meeting room using the room name for instance) - it seems to only take meeting ID as a number, not the vanity name.

4) Having ability to delay video on each zoom input would be most welcome too (mentioned previously)

Anyhow, so far so good - it really is MUCH easier and cleaner to use than ZoomISO (which is a good product, but has some quirks). Really #1 and #4 above would be the biggest pain points for us.

thanks 1 user thanked roverradio for this useful post.
Sahilpalkar on 5/2/2024(UTC)
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2023 5:54:17 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Regarding #1 admin has already said:
Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
No, unfortunately for technical and performance reasons there will not be a direct NDI output option available for Zoom inputs in vMix.

If you require using raw Zoom sources elsewhere over NDI, then you will need to look at a dedicated solution like Zoom ISO or Zoom Rooms.

I think someone has already addressed #2, but I can't find it right now. Even so, I agree.
roverradio  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2023 6:58:51 AM(UTC)
roverradio

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Bummer re: point #1. FWIW, we have 0 performance issues at all - 4K/30p production with 90+ inputs (around 25 are NDI most of which are 4K), all 4 outputs via NDI, multiple SRT's out, Zoom inputs, etc. etc.

Resizable Bar required or it would be a disaster. NIC on vMix and our LAN is 50 Gbit fiber.

I get we're obviously an outlier as far as specs go. But I would think it could be done on our system (it's not even breaking a sweat).
leonardosfe219  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2023 12:09:41 AM(UTC)
leonardosfe219

Brazil

I know it must be difficult, but it would help a lot if it were possible to have a video mix like zoom, and gallery zoom with the possibility of changing the gallery background, rounding the edges of the videos and adding contours to the gallery videos