logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ovonder  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 28, 2023 11:44:29 PM(UTC)
ovonder

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I love the way ZOOM is integrating in vMix. But i was wondering is it is possible to open an new zoom input, with type=share connected to the active sharing user.

I have been testing a bit, but i can add a separate input for each participant video and share.
Which is nice, since i can still switch or make multilayers with video and shared screen.

However, since only 1 person can share at the same time, a "active presenter" mode would be convenient.
That way i don't need to keep track how is presenting, but always mix the active presentation into a multilayer using 1 and the same input.

roverradio  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2023 1:29:24 AM(UTC)
roverradio

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I haven't tested, but what if you set Share input's participant source to default instead of a particular user? Does it switch then or just stay connected to one user? It probably just sticks to the first user connected to the meeting, but may be worth a shot trying.
ovonder  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2023 11:01:37 PM(UTC)
ovonder

Man

Well i was expecting that default video would be active presenter, but i did not have all mics open in my zoom test machines.

However, that would not be sufficient since in some cases we have 2 (or more) presenters (video/audio), where only one of them is sharing the presentation (and clicking).
Hence, if (one of) the other person(s) would be talking (active) while not sharing....

In my understanding, share should not be connected to a participant (since there can be only 1 share at the same time)
admin  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2023 3:04:26 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4174 time(s) in 1498 post(s)
Hi,

Each participant in a Zoom meeting has a Video feed and a Share feed that vMix has to subscribe to manually.
These are fixed feeds that work much like starting/stopping individual recordings.

As a result, is not really practical for vMix to try and start and stop these feeds rapidly in response to who is the active presenter
as the delay alone would make this difficult to do reliably.

I guess if you setup inputs ahead of time for each of the presenters you need, we could potentially add a "Trigger" for "OnActive"
so you could potentially switch that input live in vMix automatically.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
richardgatarski  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2023 6:47:57 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Actually, Zoom can be setup to allow more than one participant screen sharing their screen simultaneously. To my best knowledge there is no "active" screen sharing feed offered by Zoom.

It's been a while since I experimented with ZoomISO. Instead we have used Zoom Rooms' NDI output which offers a separate share feed for each participant that is screen sharing. For us that's good, since we typically have to adjust/crop the shared screen. This is because the attendees different screens tend to have sizes that differ from our production setting. For example one might give us 1900x1200 when we produce in Full HD. Zoom share uses the same width/height as that of the shared screen.

We then use a Mix Input to select which share Input to use in our side-by-side Input, and also "flatten" the incoming feed in the same step.

Admin's trigger idea sounds interesting. Although I am not sure how one would work. Two persons can actively share their screen, even though you only want to use one of those.
ovonder  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2023 9:10:42 PM(UTC)
ovonder

Man

Ah ok, so we need to work around it.
"Trigger" for "OnActive" is interesting, but would not work in case of multiple presenters while only one is sharing.
So i think it will be a Mix (or input with layer) where i can quickly switch the active share with my Stream deck.

Thanks