logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DaveCS  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2023 8:29:48 AM(UTC)
DaveCS

Groups: Registered
United States

I am sorry if this seems a bit scattered. I am trying to wrap my head around this possible solution.

I was asked after church service today if the live stream from vMix could be broadcast into the sanctuary via Bluetooth or wifi directly to a tablet for a member who has vision problems. I know the request was a little odd but I have been thinking about it today. I wonder if I can send an NDI output of the live stream to the network and have some kind of NDI software on a tablet that would show the live stream to this member. It would need to operate over wifi.

vMix has NDI outputs so it would seem like it would work. In my online searches this afternoon I have found that NDI works over wifi as an input to software and I assume it would work over wifi as a broadcast as well.

What software would I use on the tablet to view the NDI output from vMix?
Is latency going to be an issue?
Am I going to significantly slow down my local network by sending the live stream out to the internet and the NDI out to a tablet on the same network?

Any thoughts on this idea or any other ideas would be great.

Thank you,
Dave
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2023 4:48:40 PM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DaveCS Go to Quoted Post
I am sorry if this seems a bit scattered. I am trying to wrap my head around this possible solution.

I was asked after church service today if the live stream from vMix could be broadcast into the sanctuary via Bluetooth or wifi directly to a tablet for a member who has vision problems. I know the request was a little odd but I have been thinking about it today. I wonder if I can send an NDI output of the live stream to the network and have some kind of NDI software on a tablet that would show the live stream to this member. It would need to operate over wifi.

vMix has NDI outputs so it would seem like it would work. In my online searches this afternoon I have found that NDI works over wifi as an input to software and I assume it would work over wifi as a broadcast as well.

What software would I use on the tablet to view the NDI output from vMix?
Is latency going to be an issue?
Am I going to significantly slow down my local network by sending the live stream out to the internet and the NDI out to a tablet on the same network?

Any thoughts on this idea or any other ideas would be great.

Thank you,
Dave

Would not opt for NDI but rather SRT fpr this one member ( Android has Larix Player App to receive SRT)