logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
m_elias  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2023 4:05:48 AM(UTC)
m_elias

Groups: Registered
Canada

Previously I was seeing upwards of 20ms encoding latency with a 1070 but trying with a 3070 hasn't helped any. We have three rtsp 1080 streams & 1 usb/HDMI input adapter. Streaming the same output to Facebook and YouTube while recording. With the 1070 we occasionally saw a grey screen flash on any of the rtsp streams. I have tried to follow all the performance optimizing guides relevant to our system including the correct nvidia driver and vmix settings. It's there something unusual with my system? It's an old cpu & mobo but cpu load is low. Maybe the "old" sata SSD is "too slow"? I remember when they were the fastest thing on earth. I might upgrade it, any issues with a Ryzen 3600? I have one that supports nvme SSDs.
nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2023 5:04:18 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: m_elias Go to Quoted Post
Previously I was seeing upwards of 20ms encoding latency with a 1070 but trying with a 3070 hasn't helped any. We have three rtsp 1080 streams & 1 usb/HDMI input adapter. Streaming the same output to Facebook and YouTube while recording. With the 1070 we occasionally saw a grey screen flash on any of the rtsp streams. I have tried to follow all the performance optimizing guides relevant to our system including the correct nvidia driver and vmix settings. It's there something unusual with my system? It's an old cpu & mobo but cpu load is low. Maybe the "old" sata SSD is "too slow"? I remember when they were the fastest thing on earth. I might upgrade it, any issues with a Ryzen 3600? I have one that supports nvme SSDs.

Your cpu is quite old. With the latest nvdia drivers a 3070 gpu should be possible to do 5 encodings simultaneously. So if you use 2 for streaming and 1 for recording you are in the limits. So your render time in vmix with this load if it is 20ms is too much. Something goes wrong. Yes ryzen 5 3600 is way better than your cpu and i think that vmix team have as reference for 1080p streaming a system with this cpu
m_elias  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 28, 2023 2:10:06 AM(UTC)
m_elias

Canada

Today we're streaming with the previous 1070 in a R5 3600 with nvme ssd and 32gb ram. Render times are down around 6ms now except sometimes when we have a chrome browser open the render times will creep up to 18ms, not immediately but slowly over a few minutes, closing the browser brings the render times back down to 6ms.