logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Leif  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2023 7:11:27 AM(UTC)
Leif

Groups: Registered
Sweden

I would need the following setup:
Some NDI cameras that we can easily take out with us while vMix is at home in the studio and the broadcast is controlled from there.

Between the NDI cameras and vMix it communicates via both Starlink and 4G mobile networks.

In order to keep the bandwidth down as far as possible, I would like only the camera that is in broadcast and preview to run with high bandwidth while the rest use low bandwidth.
When you change the camera, it should automatically change the bandwidth.

It is common for surveillance cameras to have a corresponding function with dual streams depending on whether the camera is selected or runs as an overview.

Is there a corresponding function in vMix?

EDIT:

Now I have tested a little more.
I have 3 PTZOptics 4k cameras set to 1920x1080.
These together generate a traffic of 13.2 Mbit/s.
If I have high resolution on the broadcast and preview camera and "low bandwidth mode" on the 3rd, it will be 9.5 Mbit/s.

If I were to also set the preview camera to "low bandwidth mode" it would be 5.9 Mbit/s in total.

So the question is how to write a script or trigger that changes the vMix setting "low bandwidth mode" depending on which cameras I use?
nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2023 11:15:31 PM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Leif Go to Quoted Post
I would need the following setup:
Some NDI cameras that we can easily take out with us while vMix is at home in the studio and the broadcast is controlled from there.

Between the NDI cameras and vMix it communicates via both Starlink and 4G mobile networks.

In order to keep the bandwidth down as far as possible, I would like only the camera that is in broadcast and preview to run with high bandwidth while the rest use low bandwidth.
When you change the camera, it should automatically change the bandwidth.

It is common for surveillance cameras to have a corresponding function with dual streams depending on whether the camera is selected or runs as an overview.

Is there a corresponding function in vMix?

EDIT:

Now I have tested a little more.
I have 3 PTZOptics 4k cameras set to 1920x1080.
These together generate a traffic of 13.2 Mbit/s.
If I have high resolution on the broadcast and preview camera and "low bandwidth mode" on the 3rd, it will be 9.5 Mbit/s.

If I were to also set the preview camera to "low bandwidth mode" it would be 5.9 Mbit/s in total.

So the question is how to write a script or trigger that changes the vMix setting "low bandwidth mode" depending on which cameras I use?

Hello. In vmix api commands there is a shortcut that is called NDICommand and accepts Input and value but i cant find more info about this. Maybe you can somehow send via this shortcut something like input=1,value=low_bandwidth and high when needed. I cant find any info if this possible,but maybe is your solution
Leif  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2023 11:27:11 PM(UTC)
Leif

Sweden

Thanks for reply, I think you are right.
There is a way to go, but unfortunately there seems to be a lack of information on how to control this feature.

Hope someone else on the forum has more info.
nikosman88  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2023 11:32:17 PM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

These 3 cameras what are doing? Are stable in 3 locations and you change them manually or what else?
Leif  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2023 11:52:22 PM(UTC)
Leif

Sweden

We have PTZ 4K cameras.
The idea is that we should be able to go out quickly to broadcast news or events live.
By exhibiting these on stands with a 60Ghz link to our OB bus and from there there are several paths to our studio.
Through OpenMPTCProuter we will go several ways between the OB bus and the studio. Among other things Starlink, and 4G. Unfortunately, since Starlink is quite new here, it is not developed so it has sufficient capacity, and since we are in a rural area, the mobile network is not sufficient either. But together we hope that there will be sufficient uplink and stability.
nikosman88  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 23, 2023 5:56:44 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Maybe a solution is to use a middleman switcher-pc from camera to OB bus. Then in the final vmix only one input in full resolution so only 1 up-stream at time from OB to studio.
Also from the numbers you give, i see that a full bandwidth of 1 camera is about 4,4mbps and for low bandwidth is about 750kbps. Α solution to make it half maybe is that. In vmix studio machine make 3 input of the 3 cameras in low bandwidth mode. This will consume about 2,25mbps and these will be your previews. Also make a full bandwidth ndi input that it will your master ptz camera output. In this input you need somehow to change it in whatever ptz camera you need. For this you can create 3 shortcuts,1 for each camera. With this command https://vmixapi.com/?fun...n=NDISelectSourceByIndex count from 0 (when you make right click in the vmix ndi input you see all the ndi sources availiable) you can select your ptz camera you need or by name https://vmixapi.com/?fun...on=NDISelectSourceByName
With this trick you have 2,25mbps plus 4,4mpbs for master output so total is about 6,65mbps which is a little more compared to 2 low bandwidth and the one full resolution active but is about 50% less than 3 cameras all the time full resolution
thanks 1 user thanked nikosman88 for this useful post.
Leif on 7/24/2023(UTC)
Leif  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2023 12:59:53 AM(UTC)
Leif

Sweden

Thanks, nikosman88, that might be a solution.
I'll look into it.
Leif  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2023 2:18:13 AM(UTC)
Leif

Sweden

It seems to work perfectly well to run on H.265 and then the traffic is reduced to approx. 5 Mbit/s for all cameras.

But I have to go via "stream type" :VLC and specify the rtsp stream.
mavik  
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2023 4:23:55 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
If all 3 cams over h265 is an option and they are NDI cams you can also try NDI Bride to connect to them. In Studio Monitor you woud have te ability to even remote controll theses cams. It currently ins't available in vMix if the NDI is running over the bridge.