logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
John W  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2023 12:42:32 AM(UTC)
John W

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hi ..... My current rig has served me well for Live Streaming and recording conferences and church services.

3 Cameras and laptop all HDMI out to Blackmagic Micro Converter SDI out to AJA Io4K Plus then Thunderbolt 3 to Production Laptop then Stream using WiFi to Router with Internet access. Storage using Portable SSI External Drive.

Current Setup.png (87kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

I am now looking to add 2 NDI PTZ cameras and controller using NDI. This is a whole new world to me.

Most of the venues and churches have a Router/WiFI/Ethernet internet connection.

My thinking is to use a second router/network to handle the NDI so I can set fixed IP addresses for the cameras/controller and stream out using the venue/church WiFi/internet router for the internet connection.

My question is … is this feasible and if so how do I set up the networks using my current Acer Predator laptop?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

John
nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2023 1:09:37 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Hello. The way i do the thing you say but in a desktop pc. I have the onboard lan ethernet controller that gives internet and streaming. And a 2nd pci-e network card that is connected via utp cable to a microtik router and that gives me ndi connection from an obs pc. I dont need to do any specific settings as pc and vmix recognise both networks ok. In your situation i assume that you need a usb ethernet network adapter in which you will connect the 2nd router in which router you will connect your ndi ptz cameras. Vmix will recognise them ok. The only thing i dont know is how stable will be the usb to ethernet connection
John W  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2023 2:20:01 AM(UTC)
John W

United Kingdom

Thanks for the suggestion .... sounds a good approach ..... I'll look at the usb ethernet network adapter ..... I hadn't thought of that.

Cheers

John