logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tone13  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2022 7:15:32 AM(UTC)
Tone13

Groups: Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi All,

I have a project with about 20 inputs that are graphics that have been created in After Effects and saved as MP4's as they loop. Each graphic is it's own input and the graphic (or video input) is set to auto play and loop when transitioned to PGM or assigned to an overlay. These inputs have no audio.

The issue is, that the first time I play any of these inputs, the master audio in vMix stutters.
Doesn't matter if my audio source at the time is an Audio input of a MP3 that's playing from the internal M2 SSD or a live presenter mic that is coming in via my XR18 Mixer via ASIO, the master audio always stutters the first time any of these graphics that are loaded in as video clip inputs plays.

The issue doesn't happen if the input has been played in the current vMix session so I'm wondering, is this an issue due to lack of RAM so vMix is not loading these up when opening the project? If not, can anyone else suggest what might be going on here?

Machine Specs:
Razer Blade 17
i9 11Gen
16GB RAM
m2 SSD
GTX3070 with resizable bar enabled

Cheers
paco3346  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2022 9:15:59 AM(UTC)
paco3346

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 31 post(s)
What do you see in your statistics window?

Also, you do mention that you have an M2 SSD but specifically what do you have? M2 doesn't necessarily mean NVME and there is a vast array of drives out there.

From the sounds of it, vMix may not be caching enough video frames in GPU memory before the disk can catch up.
Tone13  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2022 8:24:25 PM(UTC)
Tone13

Australia

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: paco3346 Go to Quoted Post
What do you see in your statistics window?

Also, you do mention that you have an M2 SSD but specifically what do you have? M2 doesn't necessarily mean NVME and there is a vast array of drives out there.

From the sounds of it, vMix may not be caching enough video frames in GPU memory before the disk can catch up.

Thanks for the reply.

It is a Samsung 1TB NVME drive. The stock one that comes with The Razer Blade 17". In AJA system test I get 4179MBs WRITE and 5100MBs READ.

I'll have to have a look at the log when I next open this project in a few days as I'm not sure what it said in the Stats window.

Also, I originally had these clips on a Samsung T7 drive connected via USB-C and had the same issue so thought I’d try the internal NVME drive but the issue persisted.