logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lbrentevans  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2021 10:01:40 AM(UTC)
lbrentevans

Groups: Registered
United States

Would it be possible to expand the number of input categories a bit? I have found it useful to keep all PTZ presets for each camera in a category, but this functionally limits me to 5 or 6 cameras (5 if I keep a simplified subset in a category also, which is very useful when you have a 50-100 input show, as tends to happen with multiple PTZs and multiple presets on multiple cameras.

One way to implement this would be adding a few more colors, and also giving sub-categories underneath each color. That way all video inputs could be one color, all PTZ controls another color, all ptz presets for each camera in subcategories under a third color, all graphics, titles, etc.. everything you'd normally use categories for etc. and so forth.

Also, being able to specify a primary and secondary category would be helpful. For PTZs, when you create a PTZ position, vMix assigns the PTZ input to the same input as the video input. That's good.. but it means you can't have the video input in a secondary category, which is useful to keep a group of "operational" inputs.

Thanks for the consideration.

Brent Evans