logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Thomas4d  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2020 6:53:01 PM(UTC)
Thomas4d

Groups: Registered
Australia

HI playing with steaming live music https://www.youtube.com/user/t4d

and currently I run Ezdrummer into Presonus USB 92 the stereo output go into a Presonus Studio 192

I have Axe FX 2 output going into the Presonus Studio 192 and Microphone going directly into the Presonus Studio 192

now in vMiv I have 3 audio inputs one for each input on the Presonus Studio 192 and 1 video input from Magic ( camera switching and FX )

it works ,. but this seem alittle over the top

is there a easy way ?

the issues I hit when i try to set up different is vMix take control of the audio device mainly the Presonus Studio 192 But only excepts the Inputs Not the mixed output I'm listening to in the room.

I thinking Maybe I could put the Output the Presonus USB 92 the stereo into the Presonus Studio 192 and get vMix to listen to that ?

but the easier solution would be to get vMix to listen to the Output channels,.. is that possible ?

or is there a better way that i have not thought of yet to listen to 3 audio inputs and stream them with video with vMix?
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2020 8:15:57 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Many things are not clear in your description. Maybe drawing a diagram showing the audio workflow could make it a bit clearer.

Why do you need 2 audio interfaces ? I understand the drums are on a separate computer, right ? and another computer has the guitar preamp ?

It's also not clear on which computer vMix is installed ? Another one ?

Does vMix get audio from the Presonus Studio over USB?

in this case, the USB drivers should allow you to select either stereo mix out (as a single input) or individual inputs (as it seems you do)
Thomas4d  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2020 8:38:59 PM(UTC)
Thomas4d

Australia

OK yes sorry it's abit hard to explain

Here's a hopefully simpler explanation

1 Mono audio for a Microphone (current input into Presonus Studio 192)

2 stereo Channels of audio from Axe FX 2 Another USB audio device out put directly to the inputs into Presonus Studio 192

2 Stereo Channels of Audio from EZdrummer software going to Presonus USB 92 that outputs to the input into Presonus Studio 192 using the another USB device because due to Ezdrummer needs to have control of the audio device and vMix does not share Audio devices (standard ASIO driver issue)

so I have a total 5 audio channels I need to mix and stream all going into the Presonus Studio 192

But Currently I have 3 Audio inputs in my vMix scene to capture the 3 audio inputs it would be great to be able to capture just the main outputs of Presonus Presonus Studio 192
and have the same mix streaming as i have in the room

thinking there maybe a better way maybe you pro's with more experience with Vmix may have some ideas ?

DWAM  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2020 9:19:07 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
You repeated what I had already figured through the lines but we still miss the most important info about how many computers are involved, which one is Vmix, which audio interface is connected to vMix and what type of connections are used (jacks, xlr, usb?)...

Basically it could be very simple :

1 . plug the presonus studio via USB to vMix computer
2 . have the presonus studio receive all audio inputs, do your mix
3 . connect the presonus studio to your monitoring equipments (via XLR or jacks)
4 . add a stereo mix input in vMix via ASIO from the presonus studio
done

Draw your setup including all computers, audio interfaces and cabling type.