logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jedibrooker  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 2:25:00 PM(UTC)
jedibrooker

Groups: Registered
Malaysia

I'm currently using a CSV data source that is automatically outputted in real time from a score producing software.

The csv had titles on the first row and the values on the second row. Each value is comma separated and has quotations, for example:

"name1","score1","name2","score2","name3","score3"... i have about 30 odd names and their scores here in this file.
"Bob","100.00","Sally","99.10","Tony","99.05"...

However, vmix automatically cuts off any zeros that it thinks is not necessary and it's very annoying, considering these are strings and not integers! So, the numbers get outputted like this:
100, 99.1, 99.05
when it in fact should look like this:
100.00, 99.10, 99.05.

I've seen another script in the forums regarding something similar, but I can't get it to work. The post is here: https://forums.vmix.com/...-Number-Format#post68503

but I get an error in the script editor: "Script 'Script1' Error Line 6: Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid."

I need some help please because I don't have any coding skills and thus have no idea where to start. All scores must show 2 decimal places. I find it bizarre that vmix changes the strings to integers and then removes the decimals places. why can't vmix just leave my data alone?