logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LucaL  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 9:46:16 AM(UTC)
LucaL

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I know this post is probably going to be moved to the Vmix-Call section of the forum , but this issue needs to be addressed ASAP.

Seriously give us the chance to decide what happens with the input after a caller disconnects.

For the moment a quick fix, would be for the input to turn black. Or at least give us a "reset" right click on the caller's input (that dosent change the call's password)

We have been asking for this for quite a while now. I have Ministers and the Mayor invited to connect in a few days with a VERY important client!

I cannot believe the disconnect situation is THE issue that worries me the most ...

Are you guys even acknowledging this might be a very serious problem for some of your customers ?

Please give us something ..

-L
Vince Beck  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2020 2:10:46 AM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Pretty sure it’s been established that it’s not something that can easily be done because it’s an issue with WebRTC. You need to take control of your event and make sure people don’t leave mid show. I have sets for 1 though 6 pips. If someone has to leave, I put them in 6 and revert to 5 pip when they leave.

You can also have a shortcut to replace a window with black color or logo if they just lose connection. The shortcut is “setMultiviewOverlay”

You can also use virtual sets so you can easily move calls around.

I do weekly shows with back to back sessions of 6 people. You will never see a frozen pip on my end:-)
LucaL  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2020 5:46:41 AM(UTC)
LucaL

Canada

I am really glad for you that you never ever have any guest disconnect and then try to reconnect. But lets just say that I prefer to plan ahead.

I already tried using the “setMultiviewOverlay” and other ones like setgamma or setgain on the various input.

But obviously these are less than ideal workarounds. They imply using multiple shortcuts for each Vmix callers. Very tedious (there is no way I found where I can toggle with the same stream-deck button to revert back if the guess reconnects.)

To be honest, I don't believe that " it’s been established that it’s not something that can easily be done because it’s an issue with WebRTC"

If the call manager can recognize and echo "Call Disconnected" anything can be done ...

-L
greggibson  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2020 6:48:01 AM(UTC)
greggibson

United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I’m not sure how hitting a shortcut to toggle a multiview overlay on and off Is any more tedious than than right clicking an input and selecting reset. In fact right clicking sounds more tedious.
LucaL  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2020 7:26:33 AM(UTC)
LucaL

Canada

Well Greg, what if you have 8 callers ? You would then need 8 different shortcut buttons or keystrokes to "setMultiviewOverlay".

And then, another set of 8 shortcuts to remove the overlay and bring back the caller if he or she reconnects.

Because actually I never found a way to "Toggle" this with the same shortcut. If you have found a way to do this yourself please share.

A toggle function would reduce the button use from 16 to 8, still far from ideal, still just a workaround, but somewhat workable with a XL Streamdeck.

A Right click reset or reload function on the actual caller's input would be much faster and could also be used as a shortcut if need be.

There are actually many different solutions to this problem. Many many people have been asking for a fix for months now.

I am not alone in this ...

-L