logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Catalyst  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2020 4:38:54 AM(UTC)
Catalyst

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi all - newbie question. I've searched the forums and couldn't find an answer.

I'm hosting a political discussion panel with 2 or 3 candidates per episode. I feel like the easiest way to set it up is to create a multiview for each of the 3-5 scenarios that will come up. One with host + guests, a multiview set for individual guest when they answer. I've built a background frame for the 'set' with a area at the bottom for titles and text. I plan to add a title text box in that area. I'd like to be able to clone that set a few times so I can add the appropriate text in that spot (i.e. candidate name for the individual view) so that that editing one textbox doesn't change all of them (as it does with one instance repeated on several views). I could re-create each one individually but it's tough to line up the text box 'creator' exactly the same on each one.

I did read one solution that put the text in a list to overlay on the same background - but then would have to change the view to the right candidate and at the same time select their name from the list to overlay when instead it could just be swapping between multiviews?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Joe