logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
xant  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2020 3:00:53 AM(UTC)
xant

Groups: Registered
Canada

Trying to figure out how to design a couple things that are a bit odd in Vmix, Not sure if it can be done or would need scripting or something but I will describe both and see if there is a solution someone can come up with.

First is to do with youtube super-chats, would like to be able to trigger superchats two randomly or in sequence load in several different screen position. This would be set up like speech bubbles, Say Bubble A, B, C and D First super chat my load in a bubble that pops up in position A, the next one to come in would load in position B ect ect... and fade after a set time. I can make this happen for one position but not cycling or randomizing.

Second Would be Having Vmix load text from a youtube chat specific user or two to display in its own place. I assume you would need a srpeed sheet to capture all the youtube chat and have a cell that grabs messages that match a user name as selected and place them in an area for Vmix data sheet to pull from. Say when ever user Dan39827 Says something it pops the message in their own spot on screen, But Sam0009 has messages only for their own spot.

Any ideas how to pull this off?
doggy  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2020 4:58:47 AM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 922 time(s) in 761 post(s)
Originally Posted by: xant Go to Quoted Post

First is to do with youtube super-chats, would like to be able to trigger superchats two randomly or in sequence load in several different screen position. This would be set up like speech bubbles, Say Bubble A, B, C and D First super chat my load in a bubble that pops up in position A, the next one to come in would load in position B ect ect... and fade after a set time. I can make this happen for one position but not cycling or randomizing.

you can't as you can only elect one title to be connected with your social data

Wouldn't even bother trying to get the right text into the right title )bubble.
Would duplicate the text content to the 3 other titles (script) and active each one you want. for fading back out automatically , either use a trigger within the title or set duration in the overlay setting
means of course you can't have 2 bubbles at the same time as they would have the same content

Quote:

Second Would be Having Vmix load text from a youtube chat specific user or two to display in its own place. I assume you would need a srpeed sheet to capture all the youtube chat and have a cell that grabs messages that match a user name as selected and place them in an area for Vmix data sheet to pull from. Say when ever user Dan39827 Says something it pops the message in their own spot on screen, But Sam0009 has messages only for their own spot.

Any ideas how to pull this off?

nope