logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Htown  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 3:43:42 AM(UTC)
Htown

Groups: Registered
United States

Help please can add an shortcut to Input a camera use Stream Deck?
doggy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 4:34:40 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 922 time(s) in 761 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Htown Go to Quoted Post
Help please can add an shortcut to Input a camera use Stream Deck?

How would that even be technically feasible, how to know which camera , or even if that camera was even available or connected regardless of being it a regular shortcut or on triggered by a stream deck?

and why?

mppfeffer  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 4:47:13 AM(UTC)
mppfeffer

United States

What I have done in our setup is to assign a "transition" shortcut (Cut, Zoom, Fly, etc,) that is assigned to the camera's input. As far as assigning it to your Stream Deck, simply create a folder on the Stream Deck for that camera and then assign each shortcut for that camera within the folder by clicking the "Find" button in the upper right corner of the shortcuts menu in vMix and pressing the Stream Deck key that you wish to assign the shortcut to. After that, simply select your shortcut functions in the drop-down menus.

I hope this was helpful.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 4:59:19 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: mppfeffer Go to Quoted Post
What I have done in our setup is to assign a "transition" shortcut (Cut, Zoom, Fly, etc,) that is assigned to the camera's input. As far as assigning it to your Stream Deck, simply create a folder on the Stream Deck for that camera and then assign each shortcut for that camera within the folder by clicking the "Find" button in the upper right corner of the shortcuts menu in vMix and pressing the Stream Deck key that you wish to assign the shortcut to. After that, simply select your shortcut functions in the drop-down menus.

I hope this was helpful.

This assuming you have installed the vMix plugin to your stream deck , else you just use the shortcut option or the web option of the SD to do your functions

but the way my little knowledge of English is i understood the question as being able to add a camera as an input into vMix through a shortcut (be it or not using a SD)
mppfeffer  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 5:58:10 AM(UTC)
mppfeffer

United States

This assuming you have installed the vMix plugin to your stream deck , else you just use the shortcut option or the web option of the SD to do your functions

but the way my little knowledge of English is i understood the question as being able to add a camera as an input into vMix through a shortcut (be it or not using a SD)

If that's the intent, I don't know how that would (or even if it could) be done.
doggy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 6:07:27 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: mppfeffer Go to Quoted Post

If that's the intent, I don't know how that would (or even if it could) be done.

Exactly
and my English is not so bad i do not see a badly worded question
Htown  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 6:40:04 AM(UTC)
Htown

United States

Well let me be a little clearer. I understand that you will have to select the camera type, input, frame rate, etc., however; I would like to be able to press one button on the stream deck that would take me to the camera option. Then from there I would load up the rest of the details. or Even better if I could be able to press one button that would take me into ADD INPUT.. Now I hope this helps!

Thank you
doggy  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 7:31:37 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: Htown Go to Quoted Post
Well let me be a little clearer. I understand that you will have to select the camera type, input, frame rate, etc., however; I would like to be able to press one button on the stream deck that would take me to the camera option. Then from there I would load up the rest of the details. or Even better if I could be able to press one button that would take me into ADD INPUT.. Now I hope this helps!

Thank you

Glad i got the intent of the question right :-)

Still wonder though why one would want to add a camera on the fly like this instead of having them all at the ready and tuned (like color) for the production and mixing