logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
abitman  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 9:15:41 PM(UTC)
abitman

Groups: Registered
Indonesia

Dear experts and gods of Vmix users :D

Let me use points to narrowing my question:

1. My office just got a new usb mixer: Behringer 1204USB.

2. We wanted to make a live show using green screen which will be used as external output to Zoom.

2. We wanted to use Zoom for webinar/meeting as output; Vmix as input camera in Zoom for Display, and VB Audio Cables as microphone input in Zoom for Audio.

3. We also use many LED monitors and 2 active speakers so the audiences can hear and see whats going on during the live show

The problem arise when:

a. I can hear the audio from Vmix in the speakers, ONLY if I push the "2-tr/USB TO MAIN" button in my usb mixer (if I play a video in Vmix); BUT, I couldn't input the audio from the microphones (which is as input in my mixer) if I push said button, therefore I couldn't input the audio into zoom (the equalizer bar not moving)

b. If I want to input the audio from the mic, I have to turn off the "2-tr/USB TO MAIN" button, BUT I couldn't hear any video in Vmix.

Now the question is, how do i do both? I mean, how I can hear the audio from vmix and also make the equalizer bar moving (for audio input)??

Sorry for my bad english, I am desperate
WaltG  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 7:54:21 AM(UTC)
WaltG

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I believe that's the same mixer I have put away up on my shelf.

If it is, then the USB is one way at a time only. You can either feed from the mix into the computer or you can feed from the computer into the mix. Not both at once.

As that seems to be tracking with your experience, I'm going to say that's probably your problem.

So, the simple answer to your question is: you can't.

The longer answer to your question is: it's been a while since I've used my mixer, and Behringer uses a less-than-ideal definition of "bus".

So, if possible (like I said, it's been a while, and I distinctly remember that when Behringer gives a bus number, it's higher than how most people would describe the same mixer), you'd need to use 2 buses: one for your mix with the computer audio (for the speakers) and one for the mix without (to feed into the computer). Then you'd need to decide which you'd want to use the USB for, and, for the other one, you'll need to use a physical input or output on the mixer and your computer.