logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Simsyuk  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2020 9:37:36 PM(UTC)
Simsyuk

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hi all I do hope everyone is keeping safe, a quick question on how to improve my Skype input.

I usually have around 4 Skype calls coming in to vMix (23.0.0.57) but after about an 40 minutes I've noticed my PC starting to struggle, the CPU displays 87% and the GPU stays at 25%.

I've tried using a 2nd PC just for Skype, and then input to vMix via NDI, but its just so slow (probably down the 2nd PC not being powerful enough).

When using just the one PC, I input all Skype calls separately via NDI, this does cause a sound issue so I'm constantly turning off the sound from other Skype NDI inputs - if I switch to an individual the sound goes off.

Would anyone know of a better solution on how to deal with the setup? Thanks in advance.
robert5521  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 4:44:48 AM(UTC)
robert5521

Groups: Registered
Spain

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
If I understand you correctly your are using 4 skype calls and then feeding their NDI to Vmix, right?
Using skype and decoding NDI is CPU intensive. Why not use Vmix call? In terms of picture quality is more or less the same and you get other benefits (automatic mix-minus, return video, private chat...)

Another possibility is to use another PC for the Skype and then sending the screen with NDI to the main PC (only 1 NDI to decoder).