logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bigboybradders  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2020 6:09:03 AM(UTC)
bigboybradders

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hi Friends,
I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
This streaming thing is new to me and I have encountered as issue 3 times now that I cannot explain.
I will test the audio and all seems fine but then for some reason all of a sudden it distorts.
See here is a 20 second example

I was playing a video prior to this and then i opened the audio in the room and it was a mess.
My fix is to go to the input settings, press 'change' and select the same device again, press OK and all is good again.
Any thoughts where I should start to look?
If you notice a little cough before the piano starts it seems the distortion is only when there is noise.
Thanks in advance.
Brad
CorgieFan  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2020 5:00:31 AM(UTC)
CorgieFan

Originally Posted by: bigboybradders Go to Quoted Post
My fix is to go to the input settings, press 'change' and select the same device again, press OK and all is good again.
Any thoughts where I should start to look?

I'm new to vMix as well but I've dealt with my share of audio issues in the past. If you're playing an audio/video on your computer outside of vMix your sound card driver might be causing a problem. When you say the problem is fixed when you "change" (reset) input settings again, it again makes me think your sound card driver causing a problem. I used to have an audio card that if I played an "outside" video or youtube web page outside the program I was working in it would cause my voice to speed up and get higher. I'd have to reboot my computer to fix it. If you have a different sound card you could test using it'd help isolate the issue maybe.
bigboybradders  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2020 5:35:41 AM(UTC)
bigboybradders

United Kingdom

Thanks CorgieFan.
I am actually using a DELL XPS 13 laptop thus it is entirely possible the internal sound card has the issue as I feel I am pushing the limits with an external monitor, stream deck, camera and mic, 2 streams etc. Originally I had separate mics which I stripped back to keep simple and hopefully avoid the issues but sadly they have continued.
I have a error shortcut key set up ready should it happen in the middle of a stream and will continue to monitor.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Regards,
Brad
CorgieFan  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2020 5:45:50 AM(UTC)
CorgieFan

I'd definitely try an external sound card then. I used to use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, I think vmix refers to using it in one of their videos as well. Huge step up from any internal sound card. Good luck.