logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ptrshaggy  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 2:54:28 AM(UTC)
ptrshaggy

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

So we, Podcast (PTRRadio), have been using vmix for a while for those interested here's the setup. Latest Video: 10-15-2018 Episode

• 2 hosts in the same room on C920's
  • 1 host remote (used to bring in via webex, now using skype) - Vmix Call wasn't working well because of the age of his machine and it being AMD, eventually he will upgrade then we can try again, but skype is kinda working (more later)
  • Audio (Behringer X Air X18) - All done through mixing board then master out sent to vmix

I am working on upgrading the graphics card in our broadcast rig because prior to going live the skype input (lower left) is perfectly clear, but upon starting the stream it starts to lag behind and get choppy. I notice my CPU start to climb toward 98% as well. Current card is a 1050ti and new card will be a 1070ti so my hope is the faster newer video card will be able to handle the streaming load better and free up cycles for skype.

Overall i love the product for what it allows us to do and we will continue to use it. After over a year of using it I'm still learning things and i think getting a controller will also make my life easier.

-Shaggy