logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ward@wardcameron.com  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2021 2:18:19 AM(UTC)
ward@wardcameron.com

Groups: Registered
Canada

I'm helping a client move from full virtual presentations to hybrid. We have an event this week that is a poetry recital. There are approximately 20 poets with most being in-house, but a few will be presenting remotely through Zoom. It is also a public event so there will also be audience menbers viewing on Zoom.

Here is my setup. The house mics come into my computer via my interface and is brought into vMix as an audio input (UR22mkII). This input is also sent to Bus A. Everything on Bus A is sent out to Zoom. I also have some videos that I use that also go to Bus A.

Return Audio from Zoom comes back into vMix via Virtual Audio Cable A (Input 31). I can see the audio return when I'm in a meeting as the levels on V Cable A move up and down with the speaking voices in the meeting.

We're sending the audio out to the house using our headphone out jack from the laptop. This seems to work for all of the audio signals for Bus A, but I don't hear the Audio from Zoom when remote guests speak.

The audio playback on the laptop is set to the headphone jack.

This means that in the live room, we can't hear the Zoom participants at all. Is there a way to add the virtual audio cable audio into my house system? It seems that virtual cables don't play to physical devices very easily. Should I create a Bus B mix for the house to use that includes the virtual audio cable (and might this work)?

Do I need to add a virtual mixer like VoiceMeeter to send the virtual audio to the mix? vMix Audio Mixer.jpg (57kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Does Zoom automatically return a mix-minus so the audio coming in from Zoom will not include the audio that I send?

I've added a sample image of my inputs. I appreciate any assistance.