logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
curiousgeorge  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2024 12:06:51 PM(UTC)
curiousgeorge

Groups: Registered
United States

Over a period of about 2 months in 2022, I setup my VMIX sound effects (100+ sound effects) by programming each sound effect as a shortcut, and then mapping to streamdeck. It was a nightmare and took a serious toll on my productivity. At one point I tried to learn Bit Focus companion, but I could not make it work with my ethernet setup. Is there any other easy software that allows me to easily program sound effects, and mini video clips into shortcuts in VMIX without ending up down a rabbit hole?

I am one person setup with VMIX running on a Dell Desktop XPS 8250, using Focus RIte audio and streamdeck for physical keys.
Does anyone have advice for me, now that it is 2024? I am afraid to upgrade my VMIX software, because many forum posters said they lost all of their mappings when upgrading, and I do not want that to happen. So how can I upgrade my VMIX without blowing out all of the customizations I have made?

2nd question: How do I start and stop a recording, like I can do with Loom? For example, if I am recording a tutorial video?
WaltG12  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2024 7:57:01 AM(UTC)
WaltG12

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Someone really likes ChatGPT.

To actually address your question with more humanity than a robot can offer, is there a reason you need your sound effects setup in vMix itself?

My general recommendation for people looking for this is to use an actual soundboard/cart application and pipe it into vMix via virtual cable.

Many offer support for control via MIDI or direct Stream Deck integration, and you'll find that they're much better suited for this functionality than vMix itself.