logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
knbPixels  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2024 12:09:21 AM(UTC)
knbPixels

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I would really love to see the ability to turn on camera and unmute the Zoom Plugin instance once it's in a Zoom meeting. We have our Zoom meeting set to mute all upon entry because the Zoom vMix plugin doesn't really work with breakout rooms, so we can't have a "green room". Because of that, we have to remember to manually unmute the vMix zoom instance once it enters the meeting, which can only be done from ANOTHER cohost etc within the meeting.

If the vMix plugin is able to be built based on the Zoom SDK, I see no reason there can't be the ability for the plugin to unmute itself.
admin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2024 8:13:44 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
Due to the sheer depth of features in Zoom, it is not practical for vMix to implement them all.
Therefore it is recommended that vMix simply be used to join a meeting and retrieve the raw feeds, with the host running the full Zoom Meeting app to control everything else.

EDIT: Removed outdated information regarding unmute not working in early Windows Zoom SDKs
knbPixels  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2024 8:18:50 AM(UTC)
knbPixels

United States

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Due to the sheer depth of features in Zoom, it is not practical for vMix to implement them all.
Therefore it is recommended that vMix simply be used to join a meeting and retrieve the raw feeds, with the host running the full Zoom Meeting app to control everything else.

The reason I say this is unmute is not possible in the SDK unless vMix is the host, so it is quite limited in that regard.

There's no way that's true...ZoomOSC is built on the SDK and as a participant in a meeting it has zero issues being able to control mic and video on/off functions. You can even put those functions on a streamdeck for shortcuts.

And clearly nobody is asking for for vMix to implement all zoom features, just a few of the basics is all I'm talking about.

Edit: ZoomISO also has no issues being able to unmute and turn video on
admin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2024 9:17:38 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

EDIT: Removed outdated information regarding unmute
knbPixels  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2024 9:23:52 AM(UTC)
knbPixels

United States

No, in ZoomOSC you don’t have to be host to unmute. I know this from personal experience, as well as talking to Andy who developed ZoomOSC based on the Zoom SDK during his time running Liminal. Feel free to reach out to Andy for more info, I mentioned this discussion to him since I was confused about your position.
admin  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2024 9:26:54 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

EDIT: Removed outdated information regarding unmute not working in early Windows Zoom SDKs
knbPixels  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2024 9:35:20 AM(UTC)
knbPixels

United States

Ah well if that’s true it would make a little sense at least. I hope one day vmix could be available on Mac, or at least the Zoom SDK for windows could be updated!
admin  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2024 9:44:34 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Update! I have just run some tests on the latest SDK and it looks like Unmute is available for guests now (assuming the permission has been assigned by the host).

Not sure when this was fixed, or if we were doing things incorrectly in the past, but it at least means this could be possible in a future vMix update!
knbPixels  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2024 10:04:32 AM(UTC)
knbPixels

United States

How funny! Great to hear, hope it makes it into an update in the future, thanks for checking!