logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mreev90  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2024 3:43:37 AM(UTC)
mreev90

Groups: Registered
United States

Currently all Shortcuts, Scripts, etc. default saving the item globally. While this may be a reasonable default for some users, I don't believe it is the desired behavior for most users. Simply forgetting to check the box to NOT save globally can have dire consequences. It would be much more beneficial to have the box set (Save Locally) by default. This suggestion was made and concurred with by many more than six years ago. It should be a simple feature to add and for those that like the current behavior they could set an option to do it.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2024 4:05:51 AM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mreev90 Go to Quoted Post
Currently all Shortcuts, Scripts, etc. default saving the item globally. While this may be a reasonable default for some users, I don't believe it is the desired behavior for most users. Simply forgetting to check the box to NOT save globally can have dire consequences. It would be much more beneficial to have the box set (Save Locally) by default. This suggestion was made and concurred with by many more than six years ago. It should be a simple feature to add and for those that like the current behavior they could set an option to do it.

For shortcuts i might agree ,although they mostly are universal use anyway, but for scripts (not the kind of just multiple shortcuts functions) I like them globally , saves me looking for them.
If i have a script that is really specific to a production I might maybe set it locally. JMO

Please explain dire consequences, sounds fatal