logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ajfnetwork  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2024 4:27:57 AM(UTC)
ajfnetwork

Groups: Registered
Venezuela

Hello, how are you friends, I hope you are feeling very well, I have a question about Vmix, we are integrating the system for a radio station and we are doing a lower third.

But I would like the lower third to be dynamic and not static, every time when I change the name of the song that the information is provided by an XML, the lower third appears for about 10 seconds and then disappears, how could I build this? or manage to do it?
doggy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2024 6:44:18 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ajfnetwork Go to Quoted Post
Hello, how are you friends, I hope you are feeling very well, I have a question about Vmix, we are integrating the system for a radio station and we are doing a lower third.

But I would like the lower third to be dynamic and not static, every time when I change the name of the song that the information is provided by an XML, the lower third appears for about 10 seconds and then disappears, how could I build this? or manage to do it?

Have a look at the vMix tutorial video especially the one regarding using datasources in your titles. Triggers are also useful
Luis70  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2024 11:04:30 AM(UTC)
Luis70

Grenada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
At the bottom of vMix there is an overlay tab, click on it, and a window will open...On the section marked Duration, change that to 9000 for the overlay number you are using...1-4, now, in vMix, click on that number you chose for your overlay, and see what happens....it should play the overlay, and let it stay for 10 seconds...that is, from transition on to transition off....I use it for all my lower-thirds for functions, funerals, or panel discussions where I want the lower third to appear and automatically go off....all I do, is play the overlay, and forget about it...it goes off by itself....been using that for years now
ajfnetwork  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2024 12:53:28 AM(UTC)
ajfnetwork

Venezuela

Ok friends, I have tried the overlapping thing and it works for me. but now what I would like to do is that every time when the data updates, for example it changes to another song, the lower appears automatically. I think it would be done with the triggers but I don't know what the exact function would be.
Roy Sinclair  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2024 7:31:30 AM(UTC)
Roy Sinclair

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ajfnetwork Go to Quoted Post
Ok friends, I have tried the overlapping thing and it works for me. but now what I would like to do is that every time when the data updates, for example it changes to another song, the lower appears automatically. I think it would be done with the triggers but I don't know what the exact function would be.

You need to script a check for the title changing in the database. Essentially you'd have a script running every few seconds to check if the data changed and if it did you'd turn the overlay on in your script and then go back to watching for the next change.

There are plenty of examples of database monitoring scripts in this thread.