logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sample_text  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2024 2:43:07 AM(UTC)
sample_text

Groups: Registered
Germany

Hey everyone, I´m having some problems with scripting in vMix.
I´m also quite new to this, so I apologize in advance for any dumb questions as there might be an even easier way to do this :)

(Context: Our company manages the digital scoreboard for a football team. This digital scoreboard is a big screen in the stadium, which also shows replays of the most important plays. We recieve this video source from the club and are supposed to cut out plays like goals and fouls to display them on the big screen. We´ve figured out how to perfectly use the instant replay tool for this and have figured out basically everything except one small issue)

Basically, I´m trying to find a way to play multiple clips that I´ve recorded with the instant replay tool. I know that this is possible with the ReplayPlayAllEvents function, but I also need to display the minute the goal happened. We have an excel data source for this, and can easily use this text as an overlay. The problem is, that we dont want to skip through every single clip and want a smooth playlist where all clips play after eachother.

NOTE 1: I have tried using a timer that only displays the minutes, which i then used as an overlay on the input for instant replay. Problem with this: Since the overlay is always active, if a highlight occurs while the minute timer jumps to the next minute, we will see this on the big screen.

NOTE 2: We currently have a temporary solution, where we Select all of the clips and Play the, all in a row, and manually change the data source row after every clip.

NOTE 3: We are using a Stream Deck + for this, and have written a handful of scripts (like changing the in- and out points from each clip with the scroll wheels on the deck) and we would love to rely on the mouse and keyboard as little as possible. (We obviously still need it to write the data in the Data Source)

So my questions are: Is there maybe any way of linking all of the clips/replays to a data source? So that when i select any clip, I automatically have the correct minute selected? Or is there any way to have one shortcut/script that lets me play through all of the selected clips in my playlist, while also going through the data source after each goal at the same time? Or has anyone figured out how to select multiple clips without using the mouse? :)