logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
guidogast  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2024 8:19:39 PM(UTC)
guidogast

Groups: Registered
Man
Netherlands

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I'm working on an application that connects to vMix using the HTTP API and I'm posting here to see if people are interested.

The idea of the app is this: Let a volunteer in your congregation control what Bible verses are shown in the livestream, so that the producer can focus on producing.

The app shows an interface where you can select Bible verses and you can choose to show the title in the livestream. Underneath is a (highly in development) screenshot of what it looks like.

vMix Bible Projector Software
(The screenshot is in Dutch, but I have built-in translation. An English translation will be available upon release)

Features:
- Load different Bible Translations (I'm working on a way to import Bibles through https://api.bible, but it currently uses JSON files as sources for the Bible translations)
- Make presets for Bible verses to have quick access
- Shows the entire Bible and let you look up verses quickly
- When a verse is clicked, it updates a title in vMix with that verse
- Use shortcuts to show the title in vMix
- And more...

I don't have a download link yet, as it's not finished yet (and the connection with api.bible isn't implemented yet).

What do you guys think? Is this something you would need in your church? We've had a prototype of this for the last year, and it's been really useful at my church and we're using it every week.
thanks 1 user thanked guidogast for this useful post.
KFussell on 2/11/2024(UTC)
KFussell  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2024 11:00:33 AM(UTC)
KFussell

United States

Your project looks fantastic! As someone who’s been searching for a solution to display scripture dynamically, I’m highly interested. Having a version of this in our church would be wonderful. Please keep the community informed about your progress, and let us know when a download link becomes available or if you need testers.
guidogast  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2024 9:02:14 PM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KFussell Go to Quoted Post
Your project looks fantastic! As someone who’s been searching for a solution to display scripture dynamically, I’m highly interested. Having a version of this in our church would be wonderful. Please keep the community informed about your progress, and let us know when a download link becomes available or if you need testers.

Thanks! I've been continuing developing this in the last couple of weeks. Yesterday was the first day we used it during the service and the feedback that I got from the Beamer team was quite helpful. Already made some adjustments.

When I've integrated https://api.bible, I'll release it on GitHub with a Buy Me a Coffee link.

Current list of features that I've added since the first post:

• Easy setup wizard
  • Select multiple verses (only sequentially)
  • Use shortcuts to control the application (not configurable (yet :) ))

• F1 = Toggle Put Live
    • 1-9 = Select preset 1-9
    • P = Make a preset
    • Arrow Up = Select previous verse (when at the first verse of a chapter, it will automatically go to the previous chapter and select the last verse)
    • Arrow Down = Select next verse (when at the last verse of a chapter, it will automatically go to the next chapter and select the first verse)

Let me know if you have other use cases that would benefit the application.