logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
willenglishiv  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2024 5:24:13 AM(UTC)
willenglishiv

Groups: Registered
United States

For the record my build is

Ryzen 9 - 5950x
RTX3090 (24gb vram)
128gb ram
currently 3 monitors attached
magewell sdi capture card
Elgato 4k pro capture card

Currently have a package that has 47 inputs, 3 vmix calls at it's peak, and I've made playlists of all videos and such

The problem becomes I'm using an external renderer and I'm also trying to use OBS to encode a different stream. In addition, I'm also using NVIDIA Broadcast to take out the background of my webcam, it works pretty well with good lighting.

So it seems that I can't use all of this at once without my render times spiking up. I'm worried that I will lose frames.

Without external turned on and just vmix, it's good at 2-6ms render time, which I consider normal. Once I add the vmix calls it starts to spike up, and when I turn on OBS (two instances) it becomes an issue.

One potential solution is that I could just not use NVIDIA Broadcast, webcam into vmix call and go forward. Another is I could use vMix to encode the broadcast, but I can't fine tune it like I do in OBS.

Also, I had high input performance and low latency UNCHECKED due to recommendations. I do have Resizeable Bar enabled. But I was considering turning them both back on and seeing how a show runs for me.

Either way, if I'm just worried for nothing, that 15-20ms render times are okay at 1080p then so be it.
nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2024 7:35:47 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Groups: Registered
Greece

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Hello. Im running a system a lot more weak than yours (and of course not a so complex workflow) and im between 12-20fps render times without problems. I think that the problem in your situation is that you reach limit of encoding power of your gpu,so it starts to use cpu to keep up. You can enable the cpu/gpu alerts in vmix to see if when you do all this workflow you have message for cpu/gpu overloaded. Also if you not allready tried, you can try to install the latest nvdia drivers that support 8 encoding streams and see how it goes. Also i assume that in obs you use hw encoder. Also i think that vmix call uses more cpu power and not only GPU