logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pattensen  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2024 1:45:30 AM(UTC)
Pattensen

Groups: Registered
Germany

I have an akai apc mini mk2. There is a thread in "Features Requst", but this is maybe the wrong place to ask? https://forums.vmix.com/...-new-APC-mini-MKII--2023

In my system it works to set the button lights if i chouse "akai apc 40" to set different colores, and with help from here i find to set bridness (thanks to bonbondotcom).

But if i set an activator i.e. button 56 (top left) to be green if Input 1 is in preview it works only so far. If i set any other Input to preview it shut tur the button back to default but it failt. The button is still green until i go setup/activator and call the definition of this button or the default setting and press OK.

I found a shortcut to "Refresh all activator lights and controls" and link it to a button. If i press this button after changing the inputs/preview the button lights will be right so far. But it's no solution to press a special button after changing anything.

Whats wrong? PEBKAC?

I use vVix 4k 26.0.0.45 x64 on windows 11.
Pattensen  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2024 3:11:18 AM(UTC)
Pattensen

Germany

Originally Posted by: Pattensen Go to Quoted Post
Whats wrong? PEBKAC?´

I hope neither. With a bit of poking around, I found a solution.

It seems you can't set up the same button with the same midi channel? And the higher channel seems to wins?

My 2nd step is to set two activator on the same button. To be red if input one is in output, and green if input 1 is in preview. Thad also didn't work the way i have done before. Remember to set up brightness of a button you send the same midi note over another channel:

Originally Posted by: Bonbondotkom Go to Quoted Post
MIDI Channel | Function
1 | On 10% brightness
2 | On 25% brightness
3 | On 50% brightness
4 | On 65% brightness
5 | On 75% brightness
6 | On 90% brightness
7 | On 100% brightness
8 | Pulsing 1/16
9 | Pulsing 1/8
10 | Pulsing 1/4
11 | Pulsing 1/2
12 | Blinking 1/24
13 | Blinking 1/16
14 | Blinking 1/8
15 | Blinking 1/4
16 | Blinking 1/2

To set up one button to different colors in different situations you must use different channel for it. I sent green on channel 6 and red on channel 7 and and it works as desired. The color change as i change input 1 from output to preview and back.

Then i use a higher channel for default. Before i used 4 (65% brightness). Now also 7 and it works. Now all button show default color if no condition is met.

Unfortunately, i didn't understand exactly what the correlations are. With other channels/brightnesses or flashing there are other results. Maybe someone here knows about this?
Pattensen  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2024 1:13:27 AM(UTC)
Pattensen

Germany

OK, on with my self-talk. Maybe someone will help at some point.

I've dive deep into the matrix of vMix and Akai APC. There is no hierarchical gradation between the brightness levels = channel no. as I first suspected. And if you only set one button to default color and only one condition to change to another color you will never see the matrix mystery.

First of all, if you do not set a default for a button, a color assignment remains in place even if the associated condition is no longer fulfilled. This was not clear to me at the beginning.

It all depends on the selected channel (CH=brightness). In the following I show different examples, which CH I have set for which condition (D=default, 1=1.condition, etc.). The first chacter after CH show if it' able to set the light (X=yes, O=no). The second show if the light set to default if no condition met (X=yes, O=no, -=no matter be course no light is set). Always related to one and the same button.

The order of the line is the same as in vMix Settings/Activators:
Code:
Codition: Default  7     | 6      | 6      | 6      | 5      | 4      | 5      | 7      | 6
Codition: first    7 O - | 7 O -  | 6 X X  | 5 X-O  | 5 X X  | 5 X O  | 5 O -  | 5 X O  | 5 X O
Codition: second   7 O - | 7 O -  | 7 O -  | 6 X-X  | 6 X O  | 6 X O  | 5 X X  | 6 X O  | 6 X X 
Codition: third    7 X X | 7 X O  | 7 X O  | 7 X O  | 7 X O  | 7 X O  | 7 X O  | 7 X X  | 7 X O

I hope it's understandable this way.

The rules are simple. To use more than one different colour (without default), you must select a different CH for each additional colour. But the default condition can only reset the colour with the same CH.

For my setup, this means that each button only has a maximum of three colours (Default, Preview and Main). Default and Preview get the same CH. So the main color will not be reset, but if i set another input to main the input before go automatically in preview (direct cut now prohibited!). That should work...hopefully...