logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Peter1000  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 26, 2023 1:19:00 AM(UTC)
Peter1000

Groups: Registered
Switzerland

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 54 post(s)
This is a small Windows Form App .NET Framework Visual Studio program . It could serve as an example of how Visual Studio can be used to write your own program, to control vMix or trigger any events in response to data from the vMix API.
It also shows how to write data to an Excel file, in the example the content of Listbox3.
vmixapifeedback
This code demonstrates how to process XML data from the vMix API, update UI elements and send function codes. It serves as a template for handling API feedback. It also has an example of how API function codes can be sent to vMix. The code is documented as well as possible. The project can be downloaded as a zipped program (with setup) or as a Visual Studio project, with source code. I hope someone can do something with it or it can motivate someone to write their own small programs.

Download Program and/or Source Code (Visual Studio / Windows Form App .NET Framework) here

PS: There are certainly countless similar examples on GitHub, in all possible languages. But they are often difficult to find or do not describe the exact path to the immediate goal. I am not a programmer, so forgive me if something could have been solved better or more elegantly :-)
thanks 3 users thanked Peter1000 for this useful post.
Salvatore on 11/27/2023(UTC), stevespaw on 11/30/2023(UTC), Sven4Ball on 3/21/2024(UTC)