logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RayyxP  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2023 5:57:30 AM(UTC)
RayyxP

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey vMix Gods!

First want to say thank you for the updates through this new beta, its been a blast to work through and test some of these new features!

I have a use case of utilizing the interpreter function within zoom to have multi audio streams out of vmix.
The issue im running into is, vMix does not pick up the new audio channel when enabling the interpreter function. As long as any of the presenters are in the main audio channel we can hear them fine, but if one of them enables the interpreter function, their audio gets dropped.

Is there a possibility to pick up these separate channels from zoom and having them be a selectable option in vMix, even if it replaces the original channels source?
This would be an awesome feature to have and basically would cover all of my current use cases since you've also resolved the breakout rooms one haha
Thanks again for all your help and I look forward to hearing back from you!

Below is not super important to know, but this is the workflow I am trying to set up.

In Zoom:
The idea would be to have our event presenters and interpreters all in the same meeting.
The interpreters would be given the "interpreter" role in zoom and assigned their respective language.
Once the meeting starts, the interpreters move over to their assigned language channels and can then hear the native language speakers so they are able to translate in that channel.

In vMix:
We would have vMix join the meeting with the presenters and interpreters
Pull The needed video/audio from the presenters and interpreters
Then set up 3 separate rtmp streams
- 1st goes out with main audio to Master and set stream 1 to output Master audio ( native language stream)
- 2nd we send the audio channel of one of the interpreters to Bus A and set stream 2 to output Bus A's audio (translation 1 stream)
- 3rd we send the audio channel of another interpreter to Bus B and set stream 3 to output Bus B's audio (translation 2 stream)

This should allow each stream to see the same video output, but allows for the languages to all be different.
thanks 1 user thanked RayyxP for this useful post.
Inufa on 11/17/2023(UTC)
Inufa  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2023 6:12:16 PM(UTC)
Inufa

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Have the same workflow. Would be great to have this option!
thanks 1 user thanked Inufa for this useful post.
RayyxP on 11/17/2023(UTC)